Dr Who ep 10 -part2(spoilers)

coolcat13

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the "Just this once, everybody lives" to be the definitive moment in the episode ... especially the comparision(as i see it) the doctor is making with the outcome of the Time War. The joy (tinged with sadness) on his face brought a lump to my throat.

For the few fans at work who don't or can't borrow my copies. I have been keeping them up to date. Mentioning that scene brought a real animated discussion about how people die in Dr. Who. Remembering the funniest, scariest, sadiest, and just remarkable death.

Other people in the brek room were mortifed.

I found the "Just this once' date=' everybody lives" to be the definitive moment in the episode ... [/quote']

I agree, but all the same I do think a great two parter was spoilt by the far too rapid wrap-up at the end. I had the feeling the writers got a little carried away and then suddenly realised they had a mere five minutes to bring everything to a conclusion. Most unsatisfactory; perhaps they should have opted for a three-parter...

I would have liked to see more from the series in terms of three parters myself, but due to the way RTD has set up the new Doctor Who he decided that the cliffhangers would only be 2 parters, to appeal to a new audience demographic.

I think it will also be the same with series two.

I don't think making it a three-parter would have changed anything. This episode was a bit of a disappointment in terms of strong storyline, not just because it had to be wrapped up too fast but also because there were just to many holes in the nanobots theory.

Of course, with respect to the discussions earlier in the thread, you can find explanations for everything; but it just requires more willing suspension of disbelief than usual .... not that I'm complaining B)

Also, the first part was just so good in terms of creep factor that I guess anything would seem to be a bit o a let down afterwards! :rolleyes:

The constant references to alternate sexual preferences were excessive' date=' especially considering they didn't have anything to do with the unfolding of the plot.[/quote']

Perhaps, but I have a feeling it's all leading somewhere. Incidentally, the doctor's comments on the human race getting out there and ... well ... dancing does tie in with Episiode 2:The End Of The World :

Lady Cassandra : "I am the last pure human; the others mingled. Oh they call themselves new humans and proto-humans and digi-humans and they even call themselves humanish but do you know what I call them? Mongrels."

Granted thats several billion years after the 51st century but there is a continuity there!

Well, no doubt we'll find out soon enough. As far as the head over heels bit is concerned ... I'm a bit of a romantic myself, and the Doctor-Rose angle would definitely not turn me off! Unfortunately, I don't think that's really going to happen. I don't remember who said this but I'd agree ... its just a prelude to Ep 13 where we're probably going to have a very emotionally wrenching scene. I'll keep my handkerchief ready ... I hope I need it!

I think the final episode is going to leave many more questions than give us answers, it seems that RTD delights in doing that kind of thing. As for the Doctor and Rose, he does seem rather fond of her and so on, but I think flame's right and they're gearing up for one of those emotional finales.

Just to note... given the one-hour episode format of the new series, a two-parter is as long as a 4 parter in the old series... still 2 hours ^^

... it just means that there's a lot more 1 new episode, 2 old episode shorter stories now, but there were 2 parters in the old series too ^^

Yep. I still have the same warm fuzzy feeling when I tune in to the new show and the same 'ARGH' cliffhanger feeling from the 2-parters. I gave a big old smile to the TV when I saw the Doctor in trouble in Aliens of London for instance.