New Desktop thread - lets see yours ^^

Tolax

Here's my primary software development machine from my office (I only have 4 computers - one of which still runs Win3.1/DR-DOS, one runs Win98, the other two Win2K)

It's a reminder of the fascism buried in daily life. I don't want to forget the evil I'm working to oppose, to grwo complacent.

Here's my Win98 machine. It's acting as a printserver right now. I gotta convince my boss to let me take it into mothballs and replace it with a little ethernet printserver. It's got a lot of old software, including some ISA bus hardware control stuff. I don't want it to die running 24/7 since 1999.

Here's mine, dual monitor setup. The programs/icons down the middle are actually on the right edge of my primary monitor, I use those icons instead of the 'piece-o-crap' Start menu. The monitoring program is Rainmeter with a custom skin. I'm very proud of that =)

Here is my most recent desktop. On the right is my plasma TV with a slide from my brothers commission ceremony. I have 2 apps on it, MultiMon Taskbar, which places a second taskbar that I can minimize windows into on my secondary monitor and Multi-Monitor Show, which runs a customizable desktop slideshow on either the primary or secondary monitor. That's a nice option since plasma TVs burn in like CRTs do with static displays. They are both freeware from here: http://www.mediachance.com/free/index.html

Behold the paranoidly organized start menu and a desktop simplified to optimize system resources.

A bit of topic, but I had to comment on this:

Holy crap, you've got 6 NIC's! What the hell do you do with those?

Some are direct link to secure network of some government agency I'm recruited for. Kidding...

Haha.

Well nothing too elaborate, just for bluetooth, some LANs, ATM layer, loopback, the TCP/IP with ISP, you know. I just chose to display them so I'll know the moment one comes active. I ought to remove the Norton Ghost though, it's a waste of system resources.