TV: The 4400

ratboy

Since were are no post yet, thought I'd start things off. I had meant to watch The 4400 when it first aired. I missed it. Then I meant to watch it when USA Network re-ran it when the new season was about to begin. I missed it again. Today, USA re-ran the original mini-series and the episodes up to date. I watched it. All 11 hours of it. I really liked it. I thought it was great to see Serenity's Summer Glau (though I like her crazy Firefly character better). It kind of reminds me of a cross between The X-Files and The Dead Zone. Looks like I've got a new show to add to my viewing list. Anyone else have any thoughts on series?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw the first season... but I've been watching season 2. Some of the episodes are pretty interesting, but the acting isn't all that great, and the stories are a little slow and lack any conclusion. I'm curious to find out how the story plays out but there needs to be more.

We had season 1 on TV here, started of a bit slow but got more interesting as it went along and ended on a bit of a confusing "cliffhanger". I agree the acting is not so great. I have not watched season 2 yet so cannot comment on that. Certainly not in the same league as Stargate, Enterprise or Battlestar, would compare it with Odessey 5 but with less interesting scripts.

This is my humble opinion for what it is worth

I was very interrested when I see the pilot. I liked the other eps of season 1 very much. The pilot of season 2 was great but then they had every week another abductee, they builded a little story around it and the next week there was another.

I will continue to watch the series, but for me it is a bit less interresting.

Guest c4evap

Watched a few rerun EPs but it's normally run here (Eastern NY) on Sunday nights and I'm at work. Gonna wait until the whole shebang is in the can and then DL it in its entirety (assuming someone records all the EPs and makes them available for DL that is...).

...but from what I've seen so far...not too shabby.

c4 B)

I think this show is excellnt, and I downloaded the first season months ago, and just watched it all a few days ago for the first time. Then, I watched all of the season 2 shows that are out there so far (up to ep. 4).

In case some do not know, The season 2 torrents are on Nites site, up thru episode 5, which was added about 4 hours ago as I type this. I see 2 torrents for the first season, but am not sure how active they are. Anyhow, for those who want to watch this, especially season 1 and havn't done so yet, it would be a good idea to download the shows now, and watch them when you can, as I would imagine the seeds will be low real soon.

I recall someone made a comment, maybe in the IRC chat room, that this season, season 2 will also only be 5 episodes. I most certainly hope not.

cant remember where i read it but season 2 is 13 episodes

I sure hope so. I haven't bothered yet to look into it further, especially now that TVTome is gone.

I just watched S2 ep5 yesterday, and wasn't that impressed by it. It seemed different to me now somehow, like it was produced differently then the others. I'll have to watch it again someday soon tho....

I've just seen ep 5 of season 2. It's much better then the previous four eps. This time no abductee of the week but only a ep about the general story line with the main characters. If they make more eps like this season 2 will be great.

I saw the adverts and thought that it might be interesting .Still have yet to download any of it (still have a few projects to take care of )

much like Lost I will watch it if the buzz about it heats up . For now I will wait

I never saw the first season... but I've been watching season 2. Some of the episodes are pretty interesting' date=' but the acting isn't all that great, and the stories are a little slow and lack any conclusion. I'm curious to find out how the story plays out but there needs to be more.[/quote']

I don't know if I would watch beyond the 1st episode of season 2, if I had not seen season 1.

This is the only show I can discuss because I haven't caught up with any others (i.e. still haven't watched the last 3 episodes of Lost).

But I miss being able to watch a new episode when I want!

I saw the adverts and thought that it might be interesting .Still have yet to download any of it (still have a few projects to take care of )

much like Lost I will watch it if the buzz about it heats up . For now I will wait

You missed the buzz! This was a mini-series. The buzz created season 2!