Do you Smoke?

Detor

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No' date=' I don't smoke. You take all the money that you pay for cigarette and then fire them up. Smoking is for me stupid.[/quote']

I did have a go at working out how much money, I had spent over the years..

It was very frightening......

Thousands or pounds :(

I have a better chance of getting hit by a truck than I do than from dying of cancer

That really depends on how often you see your doctor. If you don't see him often (for a checkup), you really do have a bigger chance of dying from cancer than of dying from being hit by a truck. At least in Europe that's true. Don't know how reckless American truckdrivers are really...

I have a better chance of getting hit by a truck than I do than from dying of cancer

That really depends on how often you see your doctor. If you don't see him often (for a checkup), you really do have a bigger chance of dying from cancer than of dying from being hit by a truck. At least in Europe that's true. Don't know how reckless American truckdrivers are really...

I visit my doctor 3 times a year.

A pack of cigerettes by me is $5.25. That will tell you just how strong this addiction is!

c4 B)

I gave up cos..

I just could not afford to carry on Smoking.

Last time i bought some Feb this year they were just short of £5 for 20..

Thats about a third more then you pay in the US

well the fact there so expensive is a good thing - it discourages people from buying them

Not when you're addicted it won't!

c4 :(

well do you think that being addicted to them is a good thing

What kinda question is that?!? Might as well ask me if I'm stupid or what. HELL NO! I don't think it's a good thing!!! I simply stated a fact. I AM ADDICTED! I struggle every day with it. One day I will beat it!

c4 :thinking:

....and whenever you feel you really need a cigerette - just come here instead

If only it was as simple as that!

That's really not a great idea (although I appreciate the kind thoughts). I smoke more cigs when I am online then at any other time in the day. I try to post more when i'm at work (like tonight) because we can't smoke on-site here at IBM except in a tiny area away from the building.

c4 B) ~ someday I will rule the cigeratte universe and set them all ablaze!

yeah but it's not just about the cancer - breathing difficulties' date=' feeling weaker - stuff like that, that isn't as serious as cancer but still make you feel down[/quote']

For some people you might be correct. I am as fast as I ever was, no breathing difficulties or anything. I can out run and out perform people 25 years younger than myself. I am aware that not everyone is as fortunate as myself. Regardless...I DO want to quit and WILL someday.

Ciggy factoid: Andy Kaufman (SNL comedian) died of lung cancer - he never smoked a cig in his life.

c4 B)

A pack of cigerettes by me is $5.25. That will tell you just how strong this addiction is!

c4 B)

I gave up cos..

I just could not afford to carry on Smoking.

Last time i bought some Feb this year they were just short of £5 for 20..

Thats about a third more then you pay in the US

well the fact there so expensive is a good thing - it discourages people from buying them

Not when you're addicted it won't!

c4 :(

well do you think that being addicted to them is a good thing

What kinda question is that?!? Might as well ask me if I'm stupid or what. HELL NO! I don't think it's a good thing!!! I simply stated a fact. I AM ADDICTED! I struggle every day with it. One day I will beat it!

c4 :thinking:

yes that really did come out wrong - sorry - i'm not sure what i meant but it was to do with you'd rather the cigeretts be cheaper - and if they were - it wouldn't give you as much a reason too quit