Claudia Black

Foil

I met a british woman for the first time, wearing a long black overcoat at the Audi dealership ... she had a sweet sweet voice drool

I'm sure claudia sounds that way in person.

I always thought Claudia Black was Australian. And since I'm a sucker for a british accents (any of them) and was not swayed by C.Blacks, I'm thinking she's not a Brit.

Edit: just checked IMDB and came up with Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Whew!!, thought I was loosing my fetishes for a second there.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the difference between brit and aussi? They sound the same to me lol. And aus was ruled by the brits' date=' and claudia looks british. She's got a face to slober on, but needs to work on that backside..[/quote']

Shes of greek ancestry and looks it

What's the difference between brit and aussi? They sound the same to me lol. And aus was ruled by the brits' date=' and claudia looks british. She's got a face to slober on, but needs to work on that backside..[/quote']

Well nothing except Australians would be british if their ancestors kept on the straight side of the law.

Well nothing except Australians would be british if their ancestors kept on the straight side of the law.

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.

Actually, the Australian accent sounds like it has a little texan drawl in it that I've never heard in any British accent. I don't think I would ever mistake Crocodile Dundee for a British Citizen. And I'm sure that Australians also have regional accents although I've never been able to decern any difference.

Claudia Black however could sound like a Pirate and it wouldn't bother me in the least. She's odd looking but still beautiful. I can't believe she is only 32 though.

Foil][/color]She's odd looking but still beautiful. I can't believe she is only 32 though.

She's older than me lol, but I don't look as old as she does. The rings under her eyes get to me sometimes, like she hasn't gotten enough sleep or bad makeup to cover it up.

I think the real question that needed to be asked was :

"Is SG-1 worthy of Claudia Black's Presence?"

She came into that role cold and lets face it : Dominated the first few eps. (you may/may not like that but can't deny that's what happened)

Now obviously that's down to the scripts but I think it shows how much MORE they could do with Vala than the rest of the characters.

I like Browder but TBH to fit in with the role of SG-1 team leader his character was pretty much defined from day 1 - he and the writers are gonna have to work hard to bring "flavour" to the role as it's not one that naturally has any "flair" to it.

Vala being from a different planet and with no real pre-defined expectations offered a freedom to the writers - they had opportunities to go places with her they couldn't with anyone else.

And indeed they did try - I just feel they maybe dropped the ball a bit there - Hence my original Question (re-worded a bit) : Are the SG-1 writers up to the challenge of coming up with decent stories for her ?

Judging by the way she was so quickly dropped I guess not.....

Well met and said! I agree.

c4 :D Ben Bower! WHOOT!

I think the real question that needed to be asked was :

"Is SG-1 worthy of Claudia Black's Presence?"

She came into that role cold and lets face it : Dominated the first few eps. (you may/may not like that but can't deny that's what happened)

Now obviously that's down to the scripts but I think it shows how much MORE they could do with Vala than the rest of the characters.

I like Browder but TBH to fit in with the role of SG-1 team leader his character was pretty much defined from day 1 - he and the writers are gonna have to work hard to bring "flavour" to the role as it's not one that naturally has any "flair" to it.

Vala being from a different planet and with no real pre-defined expectations offered a freedom to the writers - they had opportunities to go places with her they couldn't with anyone else.

And indeed they did try - I just feel they maybe dropped the ball a bit there - Hence my original Question (re-worded a bit) : Are the SG-1 writers up to the challenge of coming up with decent stories for her ?

Judging by the way she was so quickly dropped I guess not.....

Well met and said! I agree.

c4 :D Ben Bower! WHOOT!

Women......................geezus!

:D

She's older than me lol, but I don't look as old as she does. The rings under her eyes get to me sometimes, like she hasn't gotten enough sleep or bad makeup to cover it up.

Do you mean she's younger than you?

No, I mean she is older than me by a few yrs, but I don't look my age, or as old as she does. At first I thought she was in her late 30's or early 40's. And those rings under her eyes that you see sometimes, didn't make her look very healthy. Maybe needs more sleep or fat.

Jack: Sorry I'm late I was finnishing a lovely brunch

Ba'al: Impudence

Jack: No tuna actualy

The only way to keep her interesting on the show is to keep dressing her in skimpy outfits. But then the rest of them will complain because she gets all the good costumes.