Star Trek Voyager season 1

meateater

I think it had to do with when it was brought into play.. IIRC, it was part-way through an already established "Season" on the networks, so they tried to get it to coincide with other series' on various networks.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Chris

I'm also guessing the mid-season starting point is the cause. But I'm not complaining since the first season is kinda.. bad. The show picked up some kick-ass speed during it's 2nd season and gave a good run until the end :) But did anyone else think that Neelix was really annoying?

But did anyone else think that Neelix was really annoying?

I agree. Anyone notice that the side of Neelix's head looks like it has the consistency of a chicken's feet? The only good thing about Neelix is that his arrival also brought along Kes. Another question. Anyone know the reason behind Kes's long absense? :( Did Jennifer Lien ask for a break? Did her contract run out? Did the viewers vote her out?

I'm also guessing the mid-season starting point is the cause. But I'm not complaining since the first season is kinda.. bad. The show picked up some kick-ass speed during it's 2nd season and gave a good run until the end :)

Same with DS9, which, in my opinion, got interesting after Avery Brooks changed his look. Actually, that's not fair. The introduction of the Dominion into the story made it interesting.

They just needed a hotter female sex object for the show.. No-one got off on Janeway (or if they did' date=' eww!) and Kes was more of a girl next door type of cutie. Or maybe she just wasn't ready to wear spandex for the good of the show ;)[/quote']

The little girl facial features did clash with the deep, mature voice. As for Janeway, in the words of the great Nicholson; "There is nothing better than a woman who you have to salute in the morning." :rolleyes:

Actually, it is rather convinent that Kes exited an episode after Seven's first. Perhaps they didn't get along on the set. A little argument that escalated to a shoving match. Before security could arrive, shirts and blouses were shredded and lying akimbo... :rolleyes:

Jennifer Lein felt that her character wasn't really being developed - and so made the decision to leave - I remember meeting her at a convention - the only one that I have been too - at the Royal Albert Hall - she was not what you would expect. Maybe it was because it was her first Convention appearence, but she seemed shy.

Its sad though that she left, as I always liked the character of Kes - at least she had more substance than Seven of Nine,

Kes is like Keiko O'Brian on TNG - surprisingly pointless.

That's not true - i thought she was really good and a great actor - it was only because there wasn't much for her to do that she left - I think she could have gone far if she stayed