Where are you from?

GhostShadow

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny I should see this post today. I'm from Groves, TX, which right next door to Port Arthur, TX. Yes, the eye of Rita more than likely went directly over my house, if my house is still there. It will probably be next week some time before we are allowed back. Until then, I guess I'm from Austin, TX now :/

I WENT TO HONG KONG BOUT A YEAR AGO' date=' FOR A MONTH.[/quote']

There's a BIG difference between HK and the REAL China. For starters there's the language, then the economy.

I stayed in Xi'an, Shaanxi at first in the Xi'an Jiaotong University. Then moved 2 hours away to a better, smaller(if you can call it that) town. I didn't get to see too much of Beijing though. Just a layover there before I left a year later.

I'll be going back this year or next.

well,,Hong Kong,shanghai,,they are both modern citys,just like tokyo or N.Y.,they're is not distinctively chinese,Just my 2 cents..I like the mountains and lakes, especially Suzhou traditional garden and Hangzhou west Lake...:)

well' date=',Hong Kong,shanghai,,they are both modern citys,just like tokyo or N.Y.,they're is not distinctively chinese,Just my 2 cents..I like the mountains and lakes, especially Suzhou traditional garden and Hangzhou west Lake...:)[/quote']

yea, China is beatutiful, although really hard to breath there. kinda smugy. I didnt like japan to much, they are still a littel sore from ww2 it looked like. Every one kept looking at "the Americans".

my class went to one of the islands in the south. And our guide was a raciest..... but any ways ^_^ i want to go to see the rest of China.

kinda smugy. Every one kept looking at "the Americans".

Not only a lot of smog, but also unbearable heat in the summer. I was speaking to about 100 students in a class that was 100 degrees, with a bullhorn! It looked like I wet myself. Remember to wear shorts next time. Just try to find a less industrialized part of China to explore. Xi'an is not it.

You'll get the same reaction in China. They do it because most are still not used to seeing white people. Even I stared at some foreigners once because I had been isolated for so long! I thought, what the hell are THEY doing here? lol Everyone will still stare and want to take your picture, or ask you for favors and pay you by taking you to dinner hehe. Just tell them no, because it's more trouble than it's worth. Hell, I even got on the local news unintentionally. And was interviewed and my voice recorded for a radio program, as a favor to a friend. Had my pic taken by a restaurant owner because she saw me in there all the time and finally got the courage to ask. Then there's all the people who yell HELLO. Just say ni hao 你好 back to them heh.

lol, thanks for the tip. The only chinese i know is like "Ni ha ma" i think and that means Hello in madren.

I want to to go some where less industialized. i like the quite and i saw images of tokyo and movies on it and it is loud, crowded, and the exact same as New York. But ppl where mostley friendly in china,

It was the japanese who seemed to have an attitude. But i guess they have a right to be mad...at least the older generation does, beacuse we nuked the twice. And i was like 3ft taller than the ppl there, and was twice there strength, so they have another reason to look our way

thanks agian for the tips, i cant wait to go there agian, i want to learn mandern chinese that would be cool. Then i would know Chinese, Japanese, and want to know German. ^_^

Nice update to the Forum ID Card, c4! I was gonna include the forum logo, but I couldn't get the font right. Another beautiful photoshop job.

And yeah, you can't see the back of the card, but it does have a magnetic strip / bar code, witch gives a 15% discount on blank dvd's at participating Staples, and grants access to the super secret moderator forum, where we discuss such hot topics [CLASSIFIED]

Glad you liked it. as of this posting it's been downloaded 92 times! Yeah, love my Photoshop CE.

c4 B)