WHO LOVES THE ROMULAN TAL SHIAR?

GhostShadow

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't forget the role that the obsidian order played in the Bajoran occupation... they were pretty freakin' secretive, too. Remember the episode of DS9 when Dukat found out that the Obsidian Order was building ships? Yeah... did the Tal Shiar have their own ships? What about Section 31? The CIA... well the CIA are just in control of everything.

The obsidian order were their own government and the CIA does not even compare to any of the trek spy agencies they aren't even the best agency on earth. Mossad, MI6 and the KGB have been heaps better. The CIA is only good at giving weapons to the wrong people ie the Taliban in Afganistan and Saddam Hussain.

Section 31 have done the best in terms of secrecy as nobody knows they even exist but we don't know how much they have achieved.

yea...ok, that is why America has been attk once..only once on that sad day of 9-11

while other plcaed around the world are under attk. I havent heard squat about M16 fighting terroism, and KGB is practicaly dead. While people over seas are sitting w/ ther thumbs up there @$$ trying to give more rights to terrorist, the CIA is hitting terrorist cells left and right, killing dictators, and preventing another 9-11 happing to us americans, so sorry if i put more faith into American inteligence than other countries.

You don't hear what they do because they are covert. Covert spy organisations main aim has not been to fight terrorism but to further a countries needs like steeling tecnology and information.

The KGB stole plans for the Space Shuttle and the Concorde and built there own versions (which were later cancelled because they had no money) :p

It is far better to prevent terrorist attacks and you won't hear about those. Intelligence agencies don't usually advertise when they took out potential threats only the ones which have already attacked.

The CIA is far from incompetent and many of there plans are conceved by politicians but there track record is not so good.

Besides like section 31 you want to change things for your own purposes without anybody knowing that way there are no recriminations. ;)

the CIA is hitting terrorist cells left and right' date=' killing dictators, and preventing another 9-11 happing to us americans[/quote']

You have any credible proof to back up this claim, or are you just hoping that they are doing that instead of playing mr. secret agent man to impress the girls... :)

Unlike section 31 though - the CIA probebly has some sort of fixed base of operations

Of course, Langley!

Edit: btw, looks like Section 31 is kicking the Tal Shiar's butt! :D

Have a look at: DS9 - 6x18 - Inquisition.

Or: Info on Section 31.

Or:

Section 31 is the official designation of a covert secret police organization in the Star Trek fictional universe, within Starfleet Intelligence, which deals with threats to the security of Earth, and later the United Federation of Planets.

Section 31 might be compared to the Romulan Tal Shiar or Cardassian Obsidian Order, but operates much more clandestinely and effectively (and, unlike those organizations, does not interfere in the day-to-day lives of Federation citizens).

What was the organisation that Reed worked for in Enterprise - you know those episodes in season 4 where we are told he used to work for some secret group or somthing like that - could that have been and early version of Section 31

the CIA is hitting terrorist cells left and right' date=' killing dictators, and preventing another 9-11 happing to us americans[/quote']

You have any credible proof to back up this claim, or are you just hoping that they are doing that instead of playing mr. secret agent man to impress the girls... :)

Unlike section 31 though - the CIA probebly has some sort of fixed base of operations

Of course, Langley!

Edit: btw, looks like Section 31 is kicking the Tal Shiar's butt! :D

you want proof, read it here.

http://strategypage.com/

This is some of Americas best inteligence in my opion, no tuchy feeling crap.

I thought that - as with many Enterprise ideas - the section 31 bit was a bit of a cheap shot. Malcolm's involvement was so HORRIBLY cliche... It worked better in DS9 because it wasn't about some guy going "Woo! I'm scary!" and so on.

DS9 it was far more interesting as they essentially managed to convey the total necessity of an organisation to do what was expedient but not right.

I thought that - as with many Enterprise ideas - the section 31 bit was a bit of a cheap shot. Malcolm's involvement was so HORRIBLY cliche... It worked better in DS9 because it wasn't about some guy going "Woo! I'm scary!" and so on.

DS9 it was far more interesting as they essentially managed to convey the total necessity of an organisation to do what was expedient but not right.

agree - i didn't understand what they were on about with Malcolm's involvment - i think they just added it in to give Malcolm somthing to do