What is your Favorite? Anime?

GhostShadow

If you saw the dub, what's it like? Does it seem the voices fit with the characters?

I go the dubbed version on dvd, the voice overs are ok nothing to scream about but it beats reading (espicially at 4am when your eyes are nearly glued shut with sleep, lol)

bones2097: have you seen the Tekken anime movie, if you havent then your not missing much

has anybody mentioned transformers yet?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mrthumps

has anybody mentioned transformers yet?

It's technically American but many anime fans consider it anime. It's one of those grey area shows along with Gi Joe, Thundercats, Silverhawks etc.

It's gets even more confusing if you start talking about Transformers: Scramble City (had a sweet soundwave vs Blaster fight too) and the Transformers Headmasters series(not the 4 parter we got, that was the beginning) which was purely Japanese.

also surprised to see no ninja scroll nor venus wars...

Ninja Scroll movie or Ninja scroll tv/OVA? The movie rocked the TV was meh to me.

Venus Wars was ok. Haven't seen it in a while though.

Also, those of us who are Naruto fans should be getting pumped that the Filler will end and a new series will start in Feb that picks up with the manga.

And happy happy joy joy....no more horror of the One Piece dub since 4kids has announced they're dropping it.

yeah i heard about tekken & did't bother with that!

i was talking about the ninja scroll movie & now that you mention it i do have the series on SVCD... never got around to watching it....

just got the complete full metal alc, so i'll give that a shot- looks good though.

oh yeah i bought ninja scroll on dvd recently.. well a 1.5years ago!  only to realise that quiet a bit had been cut to when i watched it when i was a youngen..... well it was mostly filth they cutted out.. but didn't lose much..

I tell you a real grey area.....

the mysterious cites of gold!!! it was a  brazilian/freach toon but it was the bee's knees when i was a kind... did anyone see this....

i had a giant golden condor in it, & manga style drawing! serach for it!

Guest Mrthumps

y

I tell you a real grey area.....

the mysterious cites of gold!!! it was a  brazilian/freach toon but it was the bee's knees when i was a kind... did anyone see this....

i had a giant golden condor in it, & manga style drawing! serach for it!

It's not a grey area one. It looks like to be the genuine real deal anime so say AnimeNewsNetwrok.

They spoke about it at an anime con I was dragged off to by the missus as well.

I think you'll enjoy FullMetal Alchemist. Wait till you watch the whole thing before seeing the movie as it takes place after the end of the series.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Keyser Soze

YAY! More anime fans.

Let's see what I can list here. I like alot of the super robot series(getter robos, Mazinger's, Mazinkaiser, Gaogaigar, Gaiking(both) et all). I'm also a Dragonball/z/gt, Kenshin, naruto and One piece fan. I also enjoyed other mecha type series like the Gundams, The macross', Eureka 7, Eva, Tekkaman Blade 1 and 2, Ghost in the shell, trigun and many more.

These days I'm watching as they come out:

Naruto

One Piece

Super Robot Wars - Original Generation: The Divine Wars

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

#1 for me will always be Cowboy Bebop. It shoots like a western, looks like an anime, kicks like a martial arts movie, but it has all the science fiction-y future world goodness a girl like me could need, right down to the cryogenics, cybernetics, hyperspace and anti-aging science. Oh yeah.

#2 is FLCL. Just because. And the soundtrack's like ???OMGWONDERFULBLISS???!!!

#3 is Trigun. LOVE AND PEACE! (and donuts and guns and colonization and SEED ships and more guns and gangs and sadism and ?)

Yeah. The only anime I get outside of [adult swim] anymore is at the super-awesome Fanime Convention, but I can safely say those are my top 3.

I dunno why but i've started watching Pokemon again, nostalgia i think ;)

Or because the original 150 Pokemon were about as rocking as Onyx in a mosh pit.

Oh that was bad, i cant get the damn pokerap out of my head, and if its not the pokerap its that veridian city song from pikachus jukebox

oh and the us sonic X theme (ours (uk) sucked)

• 5 months later...

change cyboooorggg!!!

Jeeeeeeeeeg

Jeeeeeeeeegg

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegggggg!

jeeg robot (koketsu jeeg -  jeeg steel god)  :D

& Gundam

jeeg rulez!!! jeeg is the little brother of mazinger :)

Two funny facts  of Steel Jeeg/Koketsu Jeeg compared

Last time I found my self laughing near to cry when watching the very long and twisted  trip Miwa used to take when exiting 'Assemble Base', and Steel Jeeg's tiny bazooka compared to new Koketsu Jeeg's one.

On the other hand Steel Jeeg certainly looked more like a wrestler robot, deserving to be  on the 'ECW' of robots if there is one ;): The most tough robot I have never seen, no doubt about it.