Stargate's REPLICATORS... VS... Star Trek's THE BORG

Bapman

I had an arguement about this with a friend of mine and well... though this was the best place to ask.

Replicators from STARGATE... at their peak with the BORGS against them at their peak.

If a no holds barred war broke out... who do u suppose would win ? or would it be a draw !?

My money is on the replicators... 'cause well... no energy weapon can harm them and on top of that they no. and tech seems to be higher than the borgs.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I dont know the ins and outs of the replicator abilities. But I say the borg because they are reasonably adaptable and learn from other technologies. So any borg anywhere captures/assimilates/studies a replicator the entire collective would benifit from the knowledge of the technology and incorporate it to make themselves better.

Did the replicators learn from technology they captured? or did they just consume the resources...from what I saw they didnt seem to change much if at all. If they dont change the borg will adapt.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I realise the borg were made very easy to beat or the sake of a "good story" in some of the eps, but we all know what they are capable of.

True... I believe no one can stop an all out invasion of the borgs.

BUT

The replicators DO adapt like the borgs... and unlike the borgs... they r totally immune to energy weapons plus... they DO adapt themselves to new techs... that's why they go on searching for new techs.

What else !?... REPLICATORS are completely inorganic and they could EAT Borg hulls... while the BORGS wud have a hard time assimilating a REPLICATOR since they also have collective mind... but at the same time individual intelligence.

It'll depend on who's the best at assimilating the technologies of the other species, I think.

Since nanotechnology seems very important for both species (one literally is nanotechnology while the other simply uses it), it's hard to tell.

If you don't consider the assimilation qualities and just look at an all out war, I think it's clear that the replicators seem more powerfull...

When you do look at assimilation, it could be either one of them since we have no real idea of exactly how powerfull this treat is with these races.

EDIT: btw, I voted draw (unpopular vote, but couldn't decide).

Hmmm... very good point Tetsuo.

Here are some things that they showed... let's see if these help.

The replicators can modify their own structure to metamorph themselves into virtually anything... like a ship... engines... humanoids... weapons.

The borgs... while adaptive can't do anything that drastic. But they CAN take over any mechanical system and adapt and suit it to their own.

The borg ships while extremely tough can't stand the debris from a planet exploding BUT they CAN re enter planet without shields and crash at velcity and still survive.

A replicator itself can stand the high pressure and pull of a black hole and move out quite easily but the ships they initially used couldn't... on the other hand the replicator ships are way faster as they can travel between glalaxies.

The borgs assimilate through injecting the nanoprobes by piercing.

The Rep[licators are too tough to pierce for nanoprob injection plus they would most likely EAT the cybernetic parts the drones have PLUS not to mention their sheer number.

Borgs are destroyed whn their ship is destroyed... the repicators on the other hand always leave their ship during crisis... and stick themselves to enemy ship hulls and then infiltrate.

Oh and the replicators can infiltrate the collective through a borg drone... while it is not really possible to connect to the replicator mind unless you are already there

I guess the replicators are harder to exterminate...i mean if one of them survives, it can rebuild its "tribe" completely, but borg do need beings to assimilate and if i´m right, a living queen as well (-> the first contact) - and borg are connected which makes them more vulnerable in my eyes (-> last episodes of voyager)

As with the Daleks VS Borg thread i'm gonna go with the Borg - in this case - Borg Vessels are much tougher than Replicator Ships.

the replicators could Infiltrate a Borg Vessel but because that drone wouldn't be connected to the rest of them - it might be detected.

Now - Bapman - you say Replicators are too tough to be peirced - the Doctor did say they can peirce any sheild known and we have seen them peirce metal when injecting into technology.

one word Borglicators

the replicators will be winning but the borg will forge an alliance with Janeway, then with the help of torres's engineering skills, sevens knowledge, kim standing around not doing anything as usual and some crafty flying by paris, the replicators would be defeated.

As with the Daleks VS Borg thread i'm gonna go with the Borg - in this case - Borg Vessels are much tougher than Replicator Ships.

the replicators could Infiltrate a Borg Vessel but because that drone wouldn't be connected to the rest of them - it might be detected.

Now - Bapman - you say Replicators are too tough to be peirced - the Doctor did say they can peirce any sheild known and we have seen them peirce metal when injecting into technology.

Good point bro... but it has also been established with the replicators that you CANNOT destroy them with any type of energy weapon [Other than the ANCIENT neuraliser which doesn't count] PLUS... even when you DO destroy them with an energy weapon they adapt instantly and join back.

But my point for replicator survival is...

They can morph... if their ships get blown... they can morph themselves.. join and form a ship... a borg can't do that... and none of the BORG energy weapons are gonna have much usage.

PLUS... about the Assimilation... its a fair point... let's say they can piearce a replicator bug... my point is HOW will they pierce them.

They are small... fast... and agile... unlike the borgs.

PLUS a replicator can get rid of it damaged CHIP before it can infect other systems.

My point wasn't tht the BORGS will lose NOT 'cause they are weak but because the REPLICATORS are too tough and too many in numbers... a single bug replicator unit can kill a BORG drone. Now... uptil now I've never seen a BORG drone carry any weapons other thn the assimilation unit that can be used powerful or fast enuf to destroy a REPLICATOR bug unit.

See my point !? Plus... The BORG couldn't pierce SPECIES 8472 skin so it shows they can't pierce EVERYTHING... while a Replicator has never been pierced... they only fall into pieces when shot. I mean think of it this way... during the fights... the replicators got killed in 100s... and came in millions.

Can the borg actually stop sooo many specially when their weapons wud have little to no effect on them !?

I don't know, the borg have massive amounts of knowledge, and could probably adapt to make their weapons work on replicators.

And the borg could peirce the skin but couldn't assimilate species 8472..... At least that's what I thought. Why else could they eventually destroy them if they couldn't deliver the probes...

With the borg shields who have been adapted after sacrificing 4000 cubes, the replicators would stand defenseless. The borg have learned and adapted, the replicators can't assimilate the borg anymore thus can't learn more and get destroyed. This could be somewhat tougher if we are talking about the evolved replicators, they can learn somewhat faster and are smarter.........

It's a tough question I think - pretty much due to the little we know about Replicators and the fact the limits of the Borg changed pretty much every week on Voyager.

As I see it though, the Replicators managed to take on the Asgard and were essentially giving them a good hard owning until the SGC helped them out. I'm not sure the Borg would have done that to the same extent... I think it has to be taken as read that the Replicators have a vastly superior grip on taking over a ship.

I mean, taking over the Enterprise-E vs. taking over Thor's ship (for the millionth time). Enterprise-E "Mr. Data - lockout the main computer!". Thor "Time to IM my consciousness to asgardcouncil@hotmail.com" and I think it would be fair to say that the Asgard boast on the whole a far greater level of technological advancement than the Federation.

I think this is the clincher. The Replicators could effectively and easily turn borg technology against the users... the real question is what borg nanoprobes would do to replicators...

OK cool guys.

Lotsa VALID points... so let's see wht we DO know about the REPLICATORS and the BORGS and compare.

1) Borg drones... only 1 type... slow but efficient in assimilating and taking out "LIFEFORMS". They have adaptive shield BUT can be killed through normal direct hitting, regardless of the adaptation. Can surive in space without life support.

Replicators... uptil now we saw 4 units... the small bugs... big bugs... the giant ship bugs and the humanoids. They are inhumanely fast n agile. 1 bug is capable of killing 1 dumb human... so let's say even for every BORG drone there is 5 - 10 replicator bugs... the borgs would still be outnumbered. Their bodies can stand the gravametric pressure of a black hole. The humanoids are virtually invulnarable, other thn the Ancient neuraliser. Immune to any type of energy weapon.

2) 1 Borg drone cannot create other drones but is capable of assimilating ship or any type of vessel to suit its needs.

Repicators can EAT any inorganic substance and create more of themselves.

3) If their ships are destroyed... so are the borg drones. Some may live in space for a while but if not rescued they'll die.

Replicators can survive in space indefinitely, they can fuse and become ships themselves. They can fuse and stop themselves from getting destroyed if their ship does.

4) The borgs have a collective mind that can be infiltrated through a drone by let's say a human replicator

Replicators collective cannot be infiltrated unless there's a problem in the collective like overload or something similar.

5) Borg weapons are easily superior and more adaptive.

Repicators have superior engines and computer systems.

6) Borg could assimilate a replicator

A Replicator can EAT a borg but not assimilate them

7) Borgs are and not as ingenious as the normal species

Replicators are... they outsmarted Asgards and Humans

8) Replicators can build their army 10 to 20 times faster than the borgs

9) Borgs can transport through shields and travel through forcefields.

So can the replicators.

10) Borg collective can be damaged by introdusing viruses and other things

Replicator collective cannot be.

That's all I can think of right now... btw... isn't trying to assimilate the REPLICATORS using the nanoprobes actually a downfall !?... considering they are completly made up of tht stuff which would most possibly neutralise the injected nanoprobes... and they can inject their own to the drones to disable thm.

Personally, I'd say that unless the Borg could assimilate the replicators - they'd lose. The replicators are just more advanced and more adaptable. They came back from the brink of near total destruction... twice! Hell, the only reason they got wiped out the third time is because they were all sitting close to stargates and so didn't have time to adapt to the Ancient disruptor.

Although, I have to question this: even if the Borg could assimilate a replicator - all evidence suggests it would just be that one replicator.

Personally, I think it's much more replicator slanted... anyway - I think that species 8471 or whatever would be a more interesting adversary for the replicators.

the replicators would win because they would just consume any technology the borg had befoore they would be able to adapt; in fact the replicators would adapt in much the same way the borg would do

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, my arse

I also just thought to myself... what are the ACTUAL chances of the replicators staying still long enough for a lumbering Borg drone to actually stick nanobots in it?

Plus, a replicator controlled Borg cube would likely be hilariously powerful... assuming that they could do that - what with the drones being an important part of the ship.