Stargate's REPLICATORS... VS... Star Trek's THE BORG

Bapman

You know... its really funny how you conveniently forgot to metion that BORG drones can be killed even by 1050s TOMMYGUN while the P90 is much much more advanced.

About BORGS adapting fasteR !?... Name me one incident other than the ANCIENT NEURALISER usage where the REPLICATORS were harmed by energy weapons.

Answer: NONE

BORGS getting killed by reguler and modified phasers and phaser rifles !?

Answer: Too many to count.

BORG drones CAN be killed by directly hitting them... is it same with the replicators !?

Nope

And about Replicators getting killed with P90s... most of them DO rejoin back. They use the P90s to slow them down... not stop them.

Lastly... about the humanoid forms... they took that form AFTER they found out about their android creator. That's when they decided to reshape themselves on her image as their collective leaders.

Interesting how to prove the BORGS powerful u have to resort to conveniently leave out their weaknesses and Replicator abilites.

Yes... I love the Borgs too but canon is canon.

Borgs can time travel yet they had to come near earth to do it... not do it in delta quadrant or near alpha quadrant and THEN come to Earth.

See... that's a writer's flaw that can be interpreted as bad writing... or BORG stupidity.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borg adapt faster. The mind is quicker than the machine.

I anxiously await the results of the first human vs. supercomputer maths challenge...

The Replicators have demnostrated HUGE resilience to energy weapons and as to adapting, they were smart enough to trick the SGC into giving them a way to adapt to the only weapon that ever proved effective against them.

Not to mention that Thor basically says that everytime the Asgard came up with a countermeasure - the replicators quickly rendered it useless. Hence why they called on the SGC - they needed their lo-tech approach... and yes, I am definitely starting to think that just shooting replicator blocks is only a way of slowing them down because they say that ONLY the ancient weapon can permanently disrupt the pathways.

So shoot a drone - it's dead, shoot a replicator and it's fine.

Additionally, Bapman - didn't the episode "Menance" establish that the replicators originated in our galaxy?

Right Chief... I just remembered that. The Android was created in our galaxy... and the replicators went to the ASgard galaxy when they took them.

I guess then the time travel theory could work. If the borg knew where to go and if the replicators didn't board their vessel.

I've got an idea the Borg might be able to use to their advantage, if they invested enough effort into gaining the most use of it:

Transporter technology!

I can't believe nobody got this idea before... They just beam up replicators in as large quantities as they can and set the return beam to wide spread scatter mode. Any replicator caught in such a transport, would immediately cease to exist, since all it's atoms would be dissolved into non-cohesion! If the Borg used a large line of bulk cargo transporters, they could easily sweep very large areas of space very quickly (about 80000 m³/10s => 8000 m³/s would not be a problem). Since the Federation has the technology to do this at that rate, I can only imagine the Borg could do it even faster. They wouldn't be able to do any assimilating, but they could sure do some real and serious damage. I don't think the replicators would be able to replicate as fast as they are liturally being annihilated!

Uh... given the fact that the Asgard are FAR more advanced than the Borg - and they haven't done it... additionally, given that the replicators are in possession of tech far greater - they could do it to drones far more effectively...

But anyway, given the Wraith could stop the SGC transporting nukes on their ships - I reckons the replicators could probably manage to stop themselves being dissipated.

As far as I remember... you couldn't teleport them unless they wanted to or teleported themselves.

I can check and find out but can't be bothered to go through my DVDs.

Canon fact is others couldn't teleport them... EVER... unless they were disabled ofcourse.

That means no BORG teleportation trick.

Another intelligent post by a Trekkie with no idea what he's talking about.

See... this is the thing I was talknig about.

More than half of the guys who say Borgs will win don't even KNOW how they will win.

BORGS will adapt a weapon... they couldn't adapt a weapon against someone who'se just really tough [species 8472] and they are gonna adapt a weapon against a race that are immune to any type of energy weapons.

Nice... very intelligent post indeed PeterWheeler.

Do you even KNOW what the replicators can do... did you even READ through the posts !?

I think I said this somewhere: Basically it comes down to this: The SG universe would easily "butcher" anything in the Star Trek universe except for Q. Q are a billion times more powerful than the 'ancients' of SG1 thus, TREK's only card would be the Q - and as said; The Trek universe are chanceless on any other point.

Well that's why I asked... 'cause REMEMBER... when the Ancients went mad.. they decimated an entire civilization.

PLUS... Daniel himself said that the Ascended ones are literally like gods... their power is no illusion.

Sounds similar to the Qs to me. ;)

P.S. Thanos ROCKS !!! B)

Another intelligent post by a Trekkie with no idea what he's talking about.

See... this is the thing I was talknig about.

More than half of the guys who say Borgs will win don't even KNOW how they will win.

BORGS will adapt a weapon... they couldn't adapt a weapon against someone who'se just really tough [species 8472] and they are gonna adapt a weapon against a race that are immune to any type of energy weapons.

Nice... very intelligent post indeed PeterWheeler.

Do you even KNOW what the replicators can do... did you even READ through the posts !?

Gently, Bapman........

:thinking:

We actually don't really know how powerful ascended ancients are - they don't interfere.

To be honest, the Q don't really either - even if Q slags around the galaxy molesting various star fleet captains.

Hmmm... would that mean that Q is the Q's version of... Doctor Who? :D