Woman countersues RIAA!

GorunNova

Sweet!

Reminds me of when the sparsely populated states in the U.S. The feds were threatening to withold highway money unless the states passed laws that complied with their speed limit goals. The states were going to sue for extortion, but suddenly the speed limit was allowed to move up.

I would love to see some sort of remedy that costs the RIAA affiliates serious money, and gives some nominal jail time to the execs that wrote the policy, and the "agents" that did their dirty work.

• 3 months later...

The RIAA should be sued for breaking and entering, which is what they are doing if they spy on people's computers and cause damage by deleting files.

I just read the full article now. Does this remind you guys of anybody? The Nazis and the KGB perhaps? I'm stunned that the RIAA would go to such extremes just to stop internet downloading. If they want people to buy their CDs then make better songs! I don't recall hearing any good music made in the last six years at least, and what do the musicians do with the money anyway? They drink, do drugs, engage in gambling and other vices. I say no to such tyranny! The industries don't have the right to infringe the rights of the people and when they start to infringe on the rights of the people then that is what I call tyranny.

I SAY NO TO SUCH TYRANNY!

We need governments who do not shy a blind eye to the tyranny of these MIAA and MPAA people. It is the duty of our respective governments to protect us "little people" from these organizations, to protect us from organized crime, terrorists and violence.

As an internet community we must say no to such greedy organizations. We should all rise up and say no to them. Perhaps we can set up a petition to show some strength in numbers? (I'm not saying that we use our real names and addresses because that would be dangerous I think)

Well if you want the lady to make sure you donate to her cause!

I agree that if any countersuit is successful, while it won't be a victory - it's going to be a HUGE PR nightmare for the RIAA and MPAA. They've already managed to alienate a LOT of people and I think while people recognise the illegality of such, they don't respect the bludgeoning action of the RIAA.