Any Ideas

CrazyMan

I dont watch much TV and I dont go out much. So I been trying to find out what movies are out. Im a hard core SCIFI fan, Most of the time I watch nothing else but scifi. I have seen all of star trek, B5, Farscape, star wars, surface, threshhold, SG1, SGA, and a whole load of scifi/fanasty movies. If you have any ideas please list them for I am open minded to all kinds of shows....

Thank You very much for helping out this old cave man! LOL :p

I just started watching Firefly a few days ago. Only 14 episodes, but a great show. I highly recommend it. I haven't seen the movie Serentiy yet though.

I've also watched Threshold, which is interesting, but in the first 7 episodes, we've seen practically no new information about the underlying plot. It has potential.

Firefly is overhyped by fans but still decent...

Smallville is good up season 3.

Lexx is... different.

Threshold is... unimaginative.

Surface is cliche but has hinted it might do more.

Invasion bored the trousers off me and I could stand to watch 2 episode of Voyager in a row.

Really though, you MUST be joking. My Tenebrae sense is tingling - a piss take may well be in progress.

Smallville SEASON 3 suked ass... from the premier... till near the finale...

But Season 4 was really really good... Season 5 on the other hand is hinting towards classic crappyness.

LEXX was cool...

FIREFLY is good... may not be the best thing out there but its definitely worth checking out.

JEREMIAH is good... if u've played the game Fallout... u'll enjoy it.

ODESSEY 5... heard its good but I have no idea.

EARTH FINAL CONFLICT... you might enjoy it

ANDROMEDA... if you are desperate and space sci fi deprived.

What else !?

STAR WRECK !? now that was the best.

There's also the classic BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and the NEW ONE.

If you want movies how about...

Silent Running

THX1138

Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun

Zardoz

The Illustrated Man

...to name a few.

I know they're kinda old but they're still good.

c4 B)

Never saw Silent Running... wht is it about !?

ZARDOZ was a bad movie... but 1 of those good bad movies.

If ur interested in the classics you cant beat

FLASH GORDON and BUCH ROGERs in the 25th CENTURY

Captain Proton was a combination of these 2.

But Season 4 was really really good...

I don't think I've disagreed with anyone more since they said that the acting/drama of the Original BSG was superior to that of the New BSG ;)

If you are interested in a soap opera in space you could try the new Galactica.

Red Dwarf is quite good if you like comedy in your Sci-Fi.

If you like you Sci-Fi sexed up even more than the new Galactica you could try Lexx.

Some of the older stuff is aimed at a more family type crowd and so are usually called kids shows, so unless your not inhibited by that label you might want to avoid the old Galactica, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Doctor Who, Flash Gordon, etc.

But Season 4 was really really good...

I don't think I've disagreed with anyone more since they said that the acting/drama of the Original BSG was superior to that of the New BSG ;)

Ok C'mon CHIEF... Clark becomes bad... get's called KAL.

He uses K infront of badguys just'cause "hey now u know my weakness... so you can beat me up so it'll create cheap suspense"

THe Fast and the Furious style ripoff episode.

Then intro of the psycho girl... who can teleport. Yes... he finally meets a girl who has pwoers and like but HAS to be a psycho.

Continous usuage of K freaks.

Oh yes... let's not forget the grand KNIFE episode. Where a an idiot gets Clark's power BECAUSE he has a Kryptonian knife.

Season 3 also had the most convenient plot twists... like whenever people almost figured out Clark was super... he'd lose his powers... to show "hey look I'm normal"

Yes... I'll say the season also had really really good episodes... 1 example was MEMORIA and the season finale but they wasted potential [smallville moto] than what they used.

Oh well... in Season 4... atleast they had humour but ya... the LANA is a 17th Century Witch plot REALLY REALLY suckeda$$.

Never saw Silent Running... wht is it about !?

ZARDOZ was a bad movie... but 1 of those good bad movies.

If ur interested in the classics you cant beat

FLASH GORDON and BUCH ROGERs in the 25th CENTURY

Captain Proton was a combination of these 2.

Silent Running link.

I like the character of Buck Rogers but couldn't stand the TV show. That little robot made me puke! Beedee beedee beedee...

Flash Gordon is great. Did you ever catch the "blue" version - "Flesh Gordon"? What a pisser of a movie!

c4 B)

If you want movies how about...

Silent Running

THX1138

Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun

Zardoz

The Illustrated Man

...to name a few.

I know they're kinda old but they're still good.

c4 B)

Definately those^

But also:

This Island Earth -Very entertaining oldie.

Battlefield Earth -Most ridiculous movie ever, but if you like bad films, and can laugh at them you're in for a great time...

Solyaris - Tarkovsky's 'original' version. This one is a lot more true to Lem's novel (and a as a film in another league altogether -than Soderbergh's little love-drama of a chick-flick)

Nineteen Eighty-Four -beautifully made and quite true to the novel.

Tron -Don't dis it just because it's a Disney!

Colossus: The Forbin Project -Computer becomes sentient and takes over the world -quite entertaining.

That was just off the top of my head, let us know if you need more...

• 2 weeks later...
You could also try Blake's 7. I love the final episode. It's a killer.

True that!

Blakes 7 was something my parents introduced me too... but that final episode! WHAT A TWIST!

Not the most optimistic of shows was it, huh?

FANTASTIC Sci-fi television none the less, and it hasn't dated too badly either, and besides its british 1970s feel I think is part of the shows charm. And Dayna - how gorgeous was she?