what is your fav gaming platform

Ulysses

First off, I HATE PORTABLES. They shouldn't even be listed in this poll because (1) most of the games are just inferior versions of their full-sized cousins or (2) repeats of old games and (3) I can't see the screen!!!!

Second, your poll acts like videogames didn't exist before 1995. Not true. Super Nintendo is generally considered the best console ever, but you don't even list it! Bogus.

Third, here's my answer:

FAVORITE GAME MACHINES - Atari 2600 VCS - early 80s - Awesome Arcade Action

Commodore 128 - late 80s - Pirates & Other Great Sims

Commodore Amiga - late 80s-90s - Beautiful 16-Bit

N64/PS1 - late 90s - Primitive Polygonal Perfection

PS2 - 2000s - Great Variety

Second' date=' your poll acts like videogames didn't exist before 1995. Not true. Super Nintendo is generally considered the best console ever, but you don't even list it! Bogus.[/quote']

Well, you can only add so many things if you make a poll, so it was clearly impossible to make a poll that listed all gaming platforms. I'm certain Neomaster cjose the platforms that he thought were most apllicable.

As for possible resultchanges if they were in there instead of the 'portables' (if you want to name them like that, my first thought was of a laptop with that word... :) ), I doubt it would have made any difference, since nearly everybody voted for the PC.

First off, I HATE PORTABLES. They shouldn't even be listed in this poll because (1) most of the games are just inferior versions of their full-sized cousins or (2) repeats of old games and (3) I can't see the screen!!!!

Second, your poll acts like videogames didn't exist before 1995. Not true. Super Nintendo is generally considered the best console ever, but you don't even list it! Bogus.

Third, here's my answer:

FAVORITE GAME MACHINES - Atari 2600 VCS - early 80s - Awesome Arcade Action

Commodore 128 - late 80s - Pirates & Other Great Sims

Commodore Amiga - late 80s-90s - Beautiful 16-Bit

N64/PS1 - late 90s - Primitive Polygonal Perfection

PS2 - 2000s - Great Variety

lol...first of all actually your wrong about the portables, the PSP is a very good hand held console. secondly how many people do you know still play on there old commodore 64, not that many lol....this poll was intended as a rough guide to what people play on today not way back in 1990's lol

Glad you mentioned the old commodore actually, as i still say it had some of the most orginal games for any machine. The likes of graftgolds Paradroid written by andrew braybrook. Ian Bell's mercenarys, geff minter and his attack of the mutant camels, geff crammonds Revs etc etc etc.

If old machines don't count (because "people don't play them anymore"), then why list N64 or PS1?

And I still think portables are too small. The only way I can play Gameboy is on my full-screen tv (actually, emulator - shhh).

As for PSP - list 10 games worth playing that I don't already have on my PS2 or Cube or Xbox consoles?

Here's another vote for the king of all platforms, The PC. I ain't talking about newer games like F.E.A.R., Chaos Theroy, or any other console conversion ike that. I'm talkin' about the bad asses like Mizers House, Liesure Suit Larry, Sid Mier's Civilization / Alpha Centuari, and Counter Strike.

If old machines don't count (because "people don't play them anymore"), then why list N64 or PS1?

And I still think portables are too small. The only way I can play Gameboy is on my full-screen tv (actually, emulator - shhh).

As for PSP - list 10 games worth playing that I don't already have on my PS2 or Cube or Xbox consoles?

actually young kids tend to play on N64's and PS1's and I can hardly play on my xbox on the train on my way to work and on my way back lmao