Fav Q Episode

philly

Q was my favourite character from TNG. If you hadnt seen the episodes before you never knew what he was going to do with his infinite powers.......made good watching.

Q Who is my favourite episode.

Steve.

P.S. He was the only chap in the entire series who could really annoy Picard. I found those circumstances entertaining.

I think Q was generally misused. The whole Q-concept had potential to be pretty awesome, but Q seemed to be nothing more than comic relief for the Star Trek writers. Something to throw in so that the crew could wear silly costumes (Robin Hood, etc) and give the show a little lighthearted variation.

The concept of a world/organisation/dimension/race/whatever of omnipotent beings who sort of watch over the universe is intriguing. But beings who are millions of years old and can do pretty much what ever they want shouldn't act like a bad sitcom character, if you ask me. They should be otherwordly and enigmatic, even IF they are trying to appear in a way that the lower races have an easier time to understand.

Alright' date=' that breaks it down to one simple simple question: Do you like that kind of Q-humour? Maybe we should start poll number 2435 about that subject ;)[/quote']

Let me put it this way; I don't watch Star Trek for the humour. I watch Bill Hicks, the Coen brothers or George Carlin for humour.

I think Q was generally misused. The whole Q-concept had potential to be pretty awesome, but Q seemed to be nothing more than comic relief for the Star Trek writers. Something to throw in so that the crew could wear silly costumes (Robin Hood, etc) and give the show a little lighthearted variation.

The concept of a world/organisation/dimension/race/whatever of omnipotent beings who sort of watch over the universe is intriguing. But beings who are millions of years old and can do pretty much what ever they want shouldn't act like a bad sitcom character, if you ask me. They should be otherwordly and enigmatic, even IF they are trying to appear in a way that the lower races have an easier time to understand.

I see your point, but, apparently, not every Q behaves like a child. The only ones who fit that description are Q and Trelane from TOS. The others seem to be more responsible.

You're right, though. The whole Q Continuum concept was sadly misused by the Star Trek writers...