Check out my groovy DS9 HTML Page

Nightmare

I have about 82% of all DS9 on my hardrive so I decided to get all geeky and make a webpage on my HD. Here is pic:

treks5wj.jpg

I slightly modified what startrek.com have on their website

When you hover over the "i" you get a little synopsis of the episode and I simply click the episode and it loads up in Media Player.

Simple but cool (albeit quite nerdish)

You should upload it onto a webserver somewhere. That would undoubtedly be useful.

Really?

If you guys want it I'll be happy to upload all the files so you can use it on your own computer.

Its the least I can do you for you guys who have provided me with so many quality DS9 episodes :D

Would anyone else find this "interface" useful

Hrm. This is kind of similer to what we're working on for the new revision of niteshdw.com. Do you know much about sql databases' date=' Nitemare?[/quote']

Sorry, I dont know much about sql websites. I know the basics but thats about it.

Im more into design and what looks good aesthetically on a website. Most of that page was hand coded in HTML.

Also I wouldnt know how to set it up on a web server for everyone to use it. Im sure someone else does who think it might be a good idea?

I'd like a copy of the code please :D seems like a great way to keep things organised. I'd also like to tinker with the code a bit, see if I can make it so that seasons aren't on seperate pages. I can send you a copy when I'm done.

You could make it open the movie by clicking the links with launch in IE.

Example of a code -

Star Trek Voyager - Caretaker

Replace c:\\MOVIE_FILENAME.avi with the DIR of the movie you wish to play.

If you need help give me a shout.

EDIT: I just read that you already have set up so it plays when you click them, how did you do it?

Nightmare, if you send the whole thing to exterus@gmail.com I can host it on exterus.se if you like?

Or if you rather, I can give you an account on my webserver so you can do it yourself. It's up to you.

Ok, ill send the entire thing to you some time today to host on your site.

From there people can copy it and alter it accordingly. :D

To open a file in media player I used:

Past Prologue

The important bit it the "file:///E:/" then after that its just the location of the file.

Hey there, I've been reading your posts and the HTML page sounds really kool! The link above unfortunately seems out of order. Could anyone who has a working version of this magical code perhaps send it forward to me at tib_69@yahoo.com or host it somewhere reliable?

Thank you!

PS> Gr8 job on the idea Nightmare, i really need something like this!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, nice job, Nightmare. Manually editing the paths to all the filenames is quite an undertaking, though. You should fix this up so that it uses a single variable for the path, another for each season subdir, and then appends the filenames of each episode to it these. That would make customizing it for personal use alot easier. I dunno if you can do that with javascript, but I suspect that you can.

Any chance of you doing versions for some of the other star trek series?