A question about the BORGs

Bapman

Teeheeeheee... I just thought of something silly. If the Borg are a collective, and they had to reproduce sexually, wouldn't it be called masturbating? :o

If the Borg exists in real life, I believe that they keep a holding pen of horny matured un-Borged humanoids, and these humanoids bear lotsa babies that are then assimilated at an early age! Kinda like a chicken farm or something. Thats the Borgy thing to do coz they would've anticipated a dry spell of non-assimilation.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teeheeeheee... I just thought of something silly. If the Borg are a collective, and they had to reproduce sexually, wouldn't it be called masturbating? :o

If the Borg exists in real life, I believe that they keep a holding pen of horny matured un-Borged humanoids, and these humanoids bear lotsa babies that are then assimilated at an early age! Kinda like a chicken farm or something. Thats the Borgy thing to do coz they would've anticipated a dry spell of non-assimilation.

That was soo funny! :D

Maybe have a look on demonorgy if they have something on the Borg! HAHAHA

Ok... the reason the speculation of cloning and normal reproduction doesn't work is because... as the Borg tagline suggest 'to add biological and technilogical distinctness to their own'

If u create and just borg babies who r later assimilated... they don't have distinctness and there were guys who were borned into the BORG collective how come they never came across one of those ones.

To me it feels like a major screw up in the plot... something that the originals didn't plan on ppl asking.

i just said that they can reproduce in a fashion like drone. but I think that their main meathod is assimilation.

Yes you said they 'CAN' but DO they !?

and about them not dying... how come we don't see any super old drones !?

and if they do die... how come never see any old drones or drones getting decomissioned.

I think the safest conclusion is that the Borg possess the means to reproduce, but their primary objective is assimilation. Because of the way the borg "think" or rather act out their programming, reproduction probably would never take place except in the event that it was *required* in order to carry out assimilation.

So why doesn't the queen or her superior, the machine planet, program them to reproduce rather than assimilate? Their purpose, given to them by the machine planet who created them, is to be a tool to seek out other life like the machine planet while transforming the galaxy in it's image just in case there isn't any to be found. In other words, it's lonely.

All this, by the way, is in a book written by Shatner. I forget the title.

• 1 month later...

Probably they haven't run out on people to assimilate yet, so reproduction hasn't become an issue.

And drones who don't get killed will just keep on living forever.

By the time they don't have anyone left to assimilate they will probably start reproducing in some fashion.