the new improved voyager ending.......

maverick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DS9 writer A: This war is dragging on a bit!

DS9 writer B: How about another inappropriate happy episode? We mention the deaths of a few billion Federation citizens after the use of a biogenic weapon - then concentrate on the hilarious antics of Nog and Jake as they try and organise a surprise party for Quark!

DS9 writer A: No... we've already done that about a dozen times...

Together: MIRROR UNIVERSE EPISODE!

No danger of any plot development in these episodes - only lesbianism.

The Emperor's New Cloak is just so blatant for that fanservice.

I even remember seeing MORE mirror universe books when I was in the book shop. I think they had pretty much every single female character going around, lezzing up.

I heard that before Voyager even started that Brannon Braga knew how we wanted to end the Series. So everything (all 7 seasons) was a build up to that ending.

Personally, I think that they are phasing out Star Trek (boo hoo hoo) as they have gotten rid of all their greatest enemies... Klingons are allies (TNG), Cardassians are demolished, the Dominion have been left in the Beta Quadrant (DS9), The Ferengi are now an enlightented species(DS9), the Borg are dead (Voyager), and now the Federation are starting a new season of peace making with the Romulans (Nemesis).

In the manner of wrapping up the universe... I think the Voyager finale was great. Although I would like to have seen what happened to Harry Kim.

By the way... do a web search for Voyager Virtual Season ... there are two extra seasons written by fans.

For those that said the ending of Voyager was weak...........were right.

I wouldnt of changed the story line I would of made one more episode that explored how the crews lives had changed when they arrived back on Earth. It needed one more episode not alterations to the story.

The big problem with Voyager is that now all the Federation have ownership to all the best Borg technology. Who else is there in the universe apart from Q and gang who can rival that power?

In a way this how the producers shot themselves in the foot for a new future based series.

My own guess would be to create an internal struggle with in the Federation a lot like the Undiscovered Country...........I`m hard pushed to think of anything else?

For those that said the ending of Voyager was weak...........were right.

I wouldnt of changed the story line I would of made one more episode that explored how the crews lives had changed when they arrived back on Earth. It needed one more episode not alterations to the story.

The big problem with Voyager is that now all the Federation have ownership to all the best Borg technology. Who else is there in the universe apart from Q and gang who can rival that power?

In a way this how the producers shot themselves in the foot for a new future based series.

My own guess would be to create an internal struggle with in the Federation a lot like the Undiscovered Country...........I`m hard pushed to think of anything else?

The Klingons, Romulans, etc. are unhappy with this shift in power. The Klingons expect the Federation to share with their allies, and see it as a slap in the face when they hesitate. The Romulans see it as a threat and prepare for war to head off the Federation before it gains a tactical advantage by deploying this technology. Some, mainly diplomats in the Federation govt., believe sharing the technology as a gesture of goodwill is necessary to reduce tensions and promote peace. Others, especially Starfleet and others who personally suffered as a result of the Federatios technological and tactical disadvantages, do not wish to give up any advantage to anyone with a potential rivalry. When the Federation puts the technology into practice, it attracts the attention of others. Some, like Balok's First Federation, welcome these intrepid explorers in their first, halting steps into the greater universe. Others, just as powerful, are less welcoming of the intrusion and far more dangerous than anything the Federation, Romulans, Klingons, Dominion or any of the others have faced yet.

To answer CHIGGY... nope not really.

It's all about creativity. ST people prefer to go the cheap way. I mean they are the ONLY series were fans ACTUALLY go... "no show less about an interesting species" or "Not many confrontations with a powerful species"... like BORG or well... just BORG.

Look at FARSCAPE... the more you found out about the Scarrans the scarier they felt. SG-1... the more you knew about Anubis the cooler he became... same with the replicators n final confrontations were momentous. Some of the best STARGATE. Heck the final defeat of ANUBIS didn't even HAVE any fights. It was all talk yet one of the best episodes.

See my point !? They can just as easily say it in ST that the BORGs have adapted and assimilated the tech VOY left behind on Admiral Janeway's shuttle. The queen maybe dead BUT... the borg queen comes in or SOMETHING. There are SOOO many ways to go. The FEDS could find a transwarp HUB for their own.

they could discover some unknown species at the edge of the galaxy... near the galactic border... since they never venture there.

The galactic barrier could slowly collapse n now the entire galaxy is in a threat from the darkness they were told about.

The Krenim could slowly take over the galaxy n the 29th century time Enforcers could detect it n come to intervene.

I could go on n on... there are sooo many interesting n creative things to do than the steretypical... "who'se left... who do we fight now".

I guess you guys must be better story writers than I. :-)

For me its so hard to see past the Trek thats already been made. The enemies, technology, characters might change but whats the point in retelling the same story over and over. Oh look its another planet episode oh looks its another space episode. A shallow view but thats been the format for trek since the stone age.

Ok so its a very narrow minded view of Trek but I`m getting the vibe that the general public (i dont mean the hardcore fan base) think they have seen it all so Paramount wont throw millions at Star Trek anymore.

The next re-invention of Star Trek will have have to be something very special indeed.

Steve.

Oh yes i agree Chiggy - and i think time is also imprtant

I mean we need to wait at least 5 years i think before the next Star Trek Series/Movie if it is to have a chance to survive.

I would watch any new Trek Series that came on - but it needs raitings in order to keep going and this is why we need to wait. Let whats already been made sink in....

I agree Chiggy - Trek is essentially the same story repeated... with the exception of DS9, I think which was a lot tighter. Anyway, the show was just so sloppy by the time of VOY and ENT that it felt that (although this was true for TNG and DS9, albeit to a lesser extent) the episodes might as well have popped out of star trek episode generator (STEG).

The show was just so many generic itterations of a predictable formula.

There are a lot of good writers out there... hell, I'd wager there are a fair few here.

While I generally think that fanfic is weak (as 99% of it is) I think that to have people who are genuine fans of Trek (NOT fanboys) working on the next series is a must. There are laudable qualities to Trek that seem to have been forgotten in VOY/ENT which became more about desperately hoping for ratings.

If you make a good show - that isn't fanservice - they will come.

But I think most people have low expectations of Trek these days. If Berman makes something like Star Trek: The Beginning I'd say 5 years would be hugely optimistic for the next series.

I agree CHIGGY that its hard to look past wht's alrdy been done in TREK. You haven't been in the boards too long so you don't know that I share the same feelings about "been there done that seen all" attitude.

BUT

What I was saying that I also believe what TENEBRAE said before... it all depends on writing. You start doing good stuff... people will automatically come.

If you write typical trash n expect people to come for just namesake... then you're gonna get the same amount of viewers the crappy fan fics do.

My thing is... I can't get rid of a canon... BUT... I can use old stuff to make something new.

I guess its something I got from reading too MUCH JMS's Amazing Spider-man.

For ST I believe that's the way to go. That's pretty much what they did in ENTERPRISE Season 4... n that was brilliant.

Oh n TFMF... you're right bro... MINIMUM 5 year resting period. I mean I myself personally don't care much about Trek 'cause I KNOW its gonna be some spacial anamoly or warp core breach related.

StarTrek IS NOT about fights!

It's NOT another one of the lame american film's.

StarTrek is about an era, where technology doesn't matter anymore, where people don't kill each other, and the human race can work in unity. And it's a technological sci-fi, but with a lot of personal stories.

I REALLY hope, StarTrek won't be EVER, like StarWars, where in the first three epizodes (in the REALLY first three), the best part, where jedis fighthing with spaceships and with lightsabers.

I'd like to see StarTrek what it is, a unique universe with philosophy, and ABSOLUTELY NOT as some common trash sci-fi from some unnamed studio.

Remember, I have to repeat, StarTrek is NOT some action-series, it's a unique thing, and I hope it won't change...

Did you even SEE the original ST !?... or are you just blabbering on !?

Do you even REMEMBER what the original movies were like and lastly... do you even KNOW which were the BEST ST episodes [i dont mean u personally] I mean the general fans.

ST was about high ideals and a world where humanity is enlightenened.

BUT

It sure as hell wasn't boring philosophical n stereotypical cheap sci fi shows.

Lastly... other than SG-1 n BSG... there ARE no other "ACTION" sci fi.

BABYLON 5 had huge battles from season 3... n guess wht... it IS a better sci n even in GENERAL it is considered a better sci fi.

Unless ofcourse ur a TREKKIE nerd n u think ur opinion is the majority.

Sad Sad Sad

So Janeway Crushes the Maquis and then the Maquis almost take over the ship......ok......:rolleyes:

But i do think the Maquis need to be taken back - have more dramma about them going back to earth and facing the possibility of going to prison :)

Jesus did you even read properly? When someone says "...... crushed them" in a story about a rebels they usually mean that the rebbelion was crushed and not the people. But then again i bet you spent 1 second thinking about it before you pressed reply.

StarTrek IS NOT about fights!

It's NOT another one of the lame american film's.

StarTrek is about an era, where technology doesn't matter anymore, where people don't kill each other, and the human race can work in unity. And it's a technological sci-fi, but with a lot of personal stories.

I REALLY hope, StarTrek won't be EVER, like StarWars, where in the first three epizodes (in the REALLY first three), the best part, where jedis fighthing with spaceships and with lightsabers.

I'd like to see StarTrek what it is, a unique universe with philosophy, and ABSOLUTELY NOT as some common trash sci-fi from some unnamed studio.

Remember, I have to repeat, StarTrek is NOT some action-series, it's a unique thing, and I hope it won't change...

lol, ironicly ST is another American film..... and i agree, i hope it doesnt turn to me a show where every thing is blown up. I hate ST b/c they ruined it. ST is a great show that teaches morals and right and wronge. It may not actualy teach these but it makes the point very sharp. And that is why i like ST and respect it. I hope it does not change. But as garak said -"I hope for the best but, unfortunatly have learned to expect the worst".

So Janeway Crushes the Maquis and then the Maquis almost take over the ship......ok......:rolleyes:

But i do think the Maquis need to be taken back - have more dramma about them going back to earth and facing the possibility of going to prison :)

Jesus did you even read properly? When someone says "...... crushed them" in a story about a rebels they usually mean that the rebbelion was crushed and not the people. But then again i bet you spent 1 second thinking about it before you pressed reply.

actually i spent quite a while on your post trying to make sense of it!

but i think this scenario is too like the Redemption episode in Season 7.... we need somthing new....exciting - and battles are good - a great war - with Voyager caught in the middle...

SNIPPET:

No danger of any plot development in these episodes - only lesbianism

What does lesbianism have to do with a Mirror Universe based series??? :thinking:

What the heck did I miss???

Also - a general comment: I've seen some posts in this thread getting rather hot...please try to remember, we all have our own opinions. As a member and mod of this board I ask that we respect one another.

c4 B)