Voyager opinions :)

renonevada

well....ok - perhaps theres more than 40 - but be honest - season 4 was all good :) I enjoyed season 2 also as i liked how we continued the Kazon theme through there. Season 1 wasn't as good and had more bad eps than good. Season 3...half and half really. Season 5 was also half and half....Season 6 had some bad eps but was good nearer the end....Season 7 was good in the middle...

Yeah and i think DS9 was given to us just for the war it was so good! :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I agree wholeheartedly there with with u.

Season 3 - 5 were total awesomeness.

I never argued there n Season 2 became good near the end with showdown with the Kazons.

Funny thing is... 1 one my most fav episode is in Season 7.

The one where DOC imitates the captain n defeats VOY by himself.

Seriously speaking... DS-9 was lucky... they had previous season of B-5 to fall back on for story.

In which season did the dominion war start?

we first hear of the Dominion in the end of season 2. I dont know what these ppl are saying, season 3 was good, the Tal Shiar and obsiden order attacked the founders.

Colorado wanna be a seperate country or what :) ?

coflag.gif

In which season did the dominion war start?

we first hear of the Dominion in the end of season 2. I dont know what these ppl are saying, season 3 was good, the Tal Shiar and obsiden order attacked the founders.

Colorado wanna be a seperate country or what :) ?

coflag.gif

lmao yeha. Well every state has a flag. And i like Colorados the best (and i live in colorado :))

Of course DS9 was somewhat inspired by B5. B5 was originally going to BE DS9. Later, when they split they had to put together the new DS9 that we know and love/hate.

I might have to give B5 another shot, though. I didn't like the continuing story because I don't have the memory needed for it, but now that I can watch them whenever I want maybe all that foreshadowing and flashbacks will make some sense. =p

Speaking of B5, I remember watching it a bit when it was first aired, but I didn't have cable and it was aired at different times and days and was difficult to figure out where and when it was on. I gave up watching it because since it was a continuing story, I just was completely LOST when I would find it.

However, I checked out each season on DVD from the public library and was able to watch them all through from start to finish and I was HOOKED! I just LOVED that show!!!! I'd say the first three seasons were the best (e.g. The Shadow War), but it was nice to see the whole story wrapped up with season 5. I have NOT checked out any of the individual movie specials that came out afterwards. Anybody can pipe in on those if they've seen those.

I've heard many people make the connection between B5 and DS9, and as many similarities as there are, there are some pretty significant differences too, and I think each show can be enjoyed and/or annoying at the same time depending on your preference. For example, I found the station doctors on both DS9 and B5 to be pretty annoying. The one thing missing on DS9 was a really HOT bad guy like Morden on B5. Too bad he had to get killed off - again. :-)

I agree... both the shows can be enjoyed.

BUT

One can't just rule out the similarities. Specially since Paramount has a track record of ripping off other people's ideas and stating them as their own.

Plus... when you copy something you don't obviously blatantly ripoff EVERYTHING. That'll just make it stand out too much... so you modify it here n there... tweak it some more and WALLAH. You get something completely new.

Lastly... I don't really blamde DS-9 for copying... specially they were getting their ratings kicked around by B-5. Sighhh... now THAT was a brilliant show.

To

TFMF... you should seriously check it out and Rubus... only watch the movies..."The Gathering" "Call to Arms" and damn for the name of the other one.

1. People, please keep the thread on topic. Starts out about Voyager...usually ends up being more about DS9 or B5 or whatever...

2. Stop putting down any Star Trek show you don't like. So you don't like Voyager or DS9 or Enterprise, etc. So what? Others do. What you consider crap...others enjoy.

3. Try to remember: IT'S ONLY A TV SHOW!

4. Be excellent to each other and respect another's opinion.

c4 B) ~ just my two cents...

Warning: your opinion may not be the same as everyone elses!

The value of opinions can go down as well as up, your credibility may be at risk if you do not keep up your opinions basis in fact.

Ahhh - Another example - Voyager was destroyed to many times ^

Or not enough.