How long would it take for 1 Borg to assimilate Earth (2005)

Nightmare

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a serious thread? :-)

Your forgetting one important point............... the Borg even though they have assimilated huge amounts of technological data from other cultures can still only operate with resources available to them. This is their constraint. One borg with out a cube would be limited to resources found on Earth.

Not all of the elements that are known do exist in the periodic table have been discovered on earth and it is believed that these exist in outer space.......so with out a cube or transporation device to extract ore the Borg would be forced to work with the only the elements that are present on earth.

Even if the Borg used its incredible knowledge of materials to form some sort of super a alloy of metals it wouldnt be long before scientists could break down the composition and develop a weapon to combat it.

Steve.

lol, so Americas main oil competitor will no longer be China, but the Borg. :p

Within a week, that drone would have a credit card, a car, a studio apt on the lower east side of NYC and prolly be working for NBC as a network exec before the week was out! :p

c4 B)

The whole Borg concept is floored if you ask me.

In First Contact we see Worf in hand to hand against the Borg clubbing them to death with a phaser rifle...........but wait a minute, why didnt the borg adapt so that pyhsical blows would just bounce of some sort of armour plate?

.........and in the episode of TNG where we first meet with the Borg we see Worf (a much younger and fitter klingon) trying to tackle only ONE Borg by charging at it and the Borg then proceeds to beat him using only two fingers?

Whilst I was in the pub last night.......rather than eyeing up the nice young ladies........i was thinking about this post. So how would one Borg take over the Earth and the answer is so simple.........

A. Introduce nanites into the water supply.

OR

B. Dis-assemble himself (implants) to manufacture advanced technology (perhaps a replicator). So you see he wouldnt just be limited to the materials found on the Earth if he recycled himself!

The Borg would have to land in some third world country like somalia or taiwan. Then Proceed to assimilate ppl in the shadow.. like beggers and the homeles.. ppl that would not be missed.

It depends on if the 1 original borg has contact with the borg colective. If not then he would need to crate a new colective like lore, and build up a force.

I think that the borg would only get to assimilate a few thousand ppl before they are disocvered by superpowes like US, UK, ect.. Then it would all be over...

Delta Squad would come in swiftly with orders "shoot to kill", and all hope would be lost for the borg. They can not adapt to kenetic energy and thus would become just as weak to bullets as any human.

The Borg could then however build advanced technologies - we have seen them really upgrade that transport ship in Regeneration. So they could build transporter technology - and beam all over the planet. or somthing like that

Nope. Most people would run. And when someone doesn stand up to it, the borg would probably rip them in half or assimilate them. Any witnesses would probably wet themselves and take off. If/when the military got involved, there'd be too many to stop with anything short of nuclear weaponry, and not too many people would be willing to sanction the use of such force, especially against an ununderstood enemy. I expect they'd try diplomacy until they realise that it is futile, by witch time it would be too late.

Nope. Most people would run. And when someone doesn stand up to it' date=' the borg would probably rip them in half or assimilate them. Any witnesses would probably wet themselves and take off. If/when the military got involved, there'd be too many to stop with anything short of nuclear weaponry, and not too many people would be willing to sanction the use of such force, especially against an ununderstood enemy. I expect they'd try diplomacy until they realise that it is futile, by witch time it would be too late.[/quote']

dude what are you talking about, yes... some ppl would run but far from all of the ppl would run.

I know of at least 30 ppl right now that would not run from a large being. hell on my wrestling we take on ppl twice our size and we are trained to win.

like I said, a covert operation would be ingnited and the borg would not know what hit them. We dont need nukes, we have even more leathal weapons that are not as messy as nukes.

In ST we only saw the borg being fought with phasers and hand to hand combat. i bet you a few grenades or RPG's would fair much better.If the borg landed in America, where every one has a gun under their pillow, then their would be no hope. And if they landed in a small country then military forced would be used. i.e. Delta Squad, or British comandos.