How long would it take for 1 Borg to assimilate Earth (2005)

Nightmare

Don't you think that there would be an attempt to capture them alive' date=' or communicate with them? I'm not convinced that everyone would automatically decide to kill them on sight.[/quote']

Our Police Officers Shoot ppl on site that look like they are "carring heat" and acting strange, so why would they not shoot a 6 foot tall being with wires and a lazer on his face with a 'shaddy' apperance coming at them saying " resistance is fulite"?

and maybe at first there might be a chance to capture it, but is human Nature to be scared of strange new things.... and the borg would soon learn that they do not want to mess with a scared Human carring a COLT.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i think about first contact and how a few drones could stay undetected so long, they could form a big thread, assimillating people on quiet places and they could stay undetected for some time trying to find ways to protect themselves from bullets.......and then assimilatie earth

There is a reason the borg cant/havent adapted to bullets.... it b/c buletts are kenetic energy. Their personal shields only disrupt the phase modulation on an on-comming phase blast. That is why ppl are always saying "re-modulate your phasers". But the borg can not stop an on-comming bullet b/c it is being propeled by kenetic energy.

Now some ppl are gonna bring up 'force feilds' like on the brig that stop kenetic energy... well if they havent noticed thoes barriers are huge and extend into the wall and require a lot of power to operate. i dont think that the borg are gonna slap one of thoes onto their drones.

yes however, the borg have exo plating, i should be possible to addapt it somehow to absorb bullets without penetrating the exo plating (change the metal or something), in that way the borg should be able to get to his victim and assimilate him....

Could they do that with Modernday technology? I mean actualy change the density and mass of metal at will to absorb a 50 CAL. bullet? The Force of the bullet it self would knock the drone to its knees.

The borg might be able to do that in ST-but on modern earth, with no special technology from the future, and with the mentality to attack anyhting, and with no cognitive powers to 'plan' or think on its own.... the borg would be screwed.

If the borg had a sense of individualty then maybe, but if he was just thrown on earth and disconnected from the Hive link then he would be suffering 'withdrawl' much like "hue" did and "one" did when they where disconected.

But borg have shields too, when you see someone running through a ship and theres a forcefield in place, theres no way to get past it, so shields dont only stop faser fire but also normal materials, the bullet would problably never get past it shields and if so.....it should be slowed down enough that its exo plating will take care of the rest

Nobody actually tried to fire trough such forcefields with kinetic weapons as far as I remember... So we don't know, but I see a problem here, those forcefields were inside borg vessels, meaning it was connected to ship's energy source, as we know their ships were BIG, so drones would have to build the BIG energy generators first, but with use of our technology (even adapted to borgs needs) it would be really BIG ;)

Armor is different thing, there is no bullet proof armor, there are armors designed to stop certain type of bullet. If you take cevlar vest it will not protect you from said .50 caliber bullet, or even 9mm if bullet will be designed to penetrate exactly cevlar vest (each defensive technology has its countermeasures in offensive technology). We, humanity adapt too, every new solution to protect or attac is meeting sooner or later something what breaks it.

If you'll take a look in the history, you'll see armed conflicts bring really cutting the endge technologies, wars are stimulating humanity to invent, war with borg would bring us to the level what even borg would fear. We just need to have a chance and some luck to not vaporise ourselves with new toys ;)

ok this is what i tried to tell you on IRC krenim until your internet crapped out on you...

GhostShadow: and in First Contact the 'tommy gun' shoots up the borg despite their shields

GhostShadow: oh i suggest you watch it, its really good

annorax: well i have seen first contact...and you have a point there:p

GhostShadow: now if a borg was st to earth alone with nothing

annorax: however you cant run trought forcefields you cant shoot trough them

GhostShadow: we would first experince withdrawl

GhostShadow: he

annorax: im listening:p

GhostShadow: ok

GhostShadow: hold on

GhostShadow: the borg woud first expernicnce withdrawl, and the borg have the mindset to kill and assimilate all in their path so they would charge into a group of ppl and not care. So it is beyond the borg capibility to plan with out the colective behind him.

GhostShadow: so assimilating in the shadows would be smart.... but One drone is not smart

GhostShadow: I would agree with you if the drone had a sense of individuality where he could plan and use his capiblities to an advantage but the org just dont work like that... Our military does. Each soldier is self aware, smart, and trained to defeat the unknow.

In voyager theres an episode where tuvok becomes angry and starts throwing things at the doctor, however theres a forcefield and those objects dont get trough the forcefield, so why should a bullet go trough it......

And about the generators...the generators for the borgs personal shielding are already in their body, on a ship you have a big generator because i has to power the entire ship, but a borg has only one small shield, it will hold, maybe not for long but it will hold

I am not denieing the fact that there are force feilds that stop objects. I am saying that the borg dont have them on their drones... In VOY when ever a borg gets hit... it falls... In TNG when a borg gets hit... it falls... In fisrt Contact a borg is actualy Shot with a gun... it dies... So you see my point the borg obvioulsy dont have their drones equiped with these devises. Even in the most current eps in which the borg have been shown they are not shown with this technology.

And As I keep saying.... the amount of energy to run a forcefeild is huge. It would take a ship yo generate it. but i am sure that the energy to run a shield is less, thus the borg have choosen to 'pimp out' their drones with shields... not forcefeilds...

(and even a small...er... forcefeild would most likely take up a lot of energy, or else the borg might have actualy comitted to them).

and you would need a lot of power to stop the bullet of a gatling gun or .50 calibur.

Summit%2050%20cal%20AP.jpg

The Borg don't have sheilds that could block bullets - and now that i think about it - they probably couldn't get armour that could block bullets (at least not with the materials available on Earth).

A Borg being able to adapt can't happen - a Borg needs the collective working together in order to solve a problem or adapt to a situation....In Endgame - Janeway said the Queen has probably got the whole collective working on a way to adapt to out armour (or somthing like that) and the collective being like trillions of drones - i think 1 or even 100000 would need quite a while to adapt to what we throw at them...

SNIPPET:

A Borg being able to adapt can't happen - a Borg needs the collective working together in order to solve a problem or adapt to a situation....

But if a Borg is severed from the collective and "adapts" to being non-Borg (IE: 7of9, Hue) that's adapting...no?

c4 B)

The Borg I am afraid is a flawed concept of Star Trek.

We know that can adapt to photon projectiles.........which are supposed to be anti matter explosions. Surely the energy created by the detonation is kinetic energy? lol otherwise they would be a useless weapon.

As I keep on saying over and over again on this forum why is it worf can hack and slash the borg yet they dont adapt..........they should adapt with better armour or at least shield that can deflect such blows.......but it doesnt happen.

I see no difference between photon detonations and Worf wacking the Borg with a phaser rifle.......both are kinetic???!!!!?????

Does this mean a Roman Army from the 1st Century could beat the Borg?

Well.....in first contact we know that the Borg can take over Earth in the 21st Century.......they have bullet firing weapons............

Damn Star Trek is messing with my mind! Too many contradictions!

SNIPPET:

A Borg being able to adapt can't happen - a Borg needs the collective working together in order to solve a problem or adapt to a situation....

But if a Borg is severed from the collective and "adapts" to being non-Borg (IE: 7of9, Hue) that's adapting...no?

c4 B)

yeah it is - but that took a long time for Seven and Hue to adapt - Plus they had friends who helped them through it....

I see no difference between photon detonations and Worf wacking the Borg with a phaser rifle.......both are kinetic???!!!!?????

You're forgetting that Worf is a Klingon. His strength is much greater than a normal humanoid.

And no, the roman army wouldn't stand a chance.

A key moment in Roman history was the introduction of the census (the counting of the people) under Servius Tullius. With this the citizens were graded into five classes, from these classes were in varying degrees recruited the ranks of the army. The most wealthy, the first class, were the most heavily armed, equipped like the Greek hoplite warrior with helmet, round shield, greaves and breastplate, all of bronze, and carrying a spear and sword. The lesser classes bore lesser armament and weaponry, the fifth class carrying no armour at all, solely armed with slings.

Bye-bye Romans. Poor little slingshot guys...

Anyways, the way I see it is that you equip your troops with what is the cheapest while being the most effective. Most humanoids probably can't fight borgs hand to hand, so there is no need to waste the exra resources upgrading everyone's armor. ;) However, most humanoids can easily fire a phaser at you, so that's the top priority to be able to adapt to.

Well does a bullet not work a lot like an arrow?

Stone age man could beat the Borg LMAO with flint arrow heads.

We know that under the flesh of a borg is a metal endo skeleton (as seen in the film) why could the borg just not manufacture this skeleton from a harder material that could not be sliced and diced?

P.S. Klingons arent stronger than all humans.........I take it your not a Kirk fan?

You're forgetting that Worf is a Klingon. His strength is much greater than a normal humanoid.

And no, the roman army wouldn't stand a chance.

A key moment in Roman history was the introduction of the census (the counting of the people) under Servius Tullius. With this the citizens were graded into five classes, from these classes were in varying degrees recruited the ranks of the army. The most wealthy, the first class, were the most heavily armed, equipped like the Greek hoplite warrior with helmet, round shield, greaves and breastplate, all of bronze, and carrying a spear and sword. The lesser classes bore lesser armament and weaponry, the fifth class carrying no armour at all, solely armed with slings.

Bye-bye Romans. Poor little slingshot guys...

Anyways, the way I see it is that you equip your troops with what is the cheapest while being the most effective. Most humanoids probably can't fight borgs hand to hand, so there is no need to waste the exra resources upgrading everyone's armor. ;) However, most humanoids can easily fire a phaser at you, so that's the top priority to be able to adapt to.

But borg are much stronger than normal humanoids, when you see tuvok fighting the borg in unimatrix you see he has no chance against the borg and torres is half klingon and she has no chance either.....