why is the states so stuborn when it comes to climate control

Ulysses

I am just gobsmacked about the american governments short sight views and selfishness when it comes down to trying to cut down harmful emmisions and trying to help slowing down gobal warming.

I dont know about anyone else but i normally agree with alot of what americans do but this is one issue whereby economics is shadowed by the enviroment but not according to the american govenment who i think are being total arseholes about this issues and seem to have the opion that money is more important than the enviroment. Granted they are not the only ones as china and india are also to blame.

BUSH YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - i agree that a lot more needs to be done about this. I think the US is doing somthing about this but there doing it very slowly. I watched on the news about how Colorado is trying to cut Carbon emitions being dumped into the atmosphere - i hope more states try to do this

What exactly would the Kyoto protocols have accomplished? Many of the most polluted, rapidly industrializing and heavily populated countries on Earth are exempted. The only purpose it serves is so arrogant Eurotrash can congratulate each other on how much they care about the environment while the Chinese, Indians and Mexicans and others choke to death on smog and other pollutants.

Simple answer........the US makes shed loads of money from its industry. It will never shut it down for fear of destabalising its economy and creating mass un-employment..........having said, its ok to destroy the world........let future generations worry about that.

Well look on the bright side.............Sc-Fi shows wont need to build any stages to create post apocalyptic landscapes.........all they need do is film it in the back yard of the old USA!

It is a terrible attitude to take...........but its the poor truth of the matter. More capitalists I am afraid!

Such a shame there wont be a Kirk to save us.........no number of hump-back whales will help.

What exactly would the Kyoto protocols have accomplished? Many of the most polluted' date=' rapidly industrializing and heavily populated countries on Earth are exempted. The only purpose it serves is so arrogant Eurotrash can congratulate each other on how much they care about the environment while the Chinese, Indians and Mexicans and others choke to death on smog and other pollutants.[/quote']

well, you have to start somewhere - if the northern countries start dealing with it, the greater are chances that other countries will folow the example in the future.

and dont get me even started on indonesia - there would be no cheap clothig and resources if US wouldnt put/let that Suharto in power and help him to modify indonesian laws to support cheap labour for western corporate organizations (gap, adidas, nike.. are all in this mess).

its all part of the same package. and our bright future is doomed if that continues for long..

Well actually I think that the USA is not so bad. After all just look at all those other countries in Europe, Asia, South America, etc. that you can not even drink the water before boiling it for ten minutes. Mexico which, because of NAFTA is now being taken over by American Industries because there is on emission control for factories, automobiles, stuff like that. Atleast we are trying to do something about it. The only thing I hate about the states is that you just can not seem to get ahead without blowing someone :p. How do you think they are going to get the next trade agreement. South American Free Trade Agreement. Watch out it's coming.

It's not as simple as that. If we stop producing greehouse gasses' date=' then we may be in trouble.[/quote']

I just read a nifty article last night about a new technology that turns greenhouse gases into baking soda instead. :cyclops:

For example, they used it to extend the underwater time of a diesel submarine from a few days to 28 weeks. The process removed the exhaled carbon dioxide from the sub and turned it into bicarbonate of soda.

The same process is now being tested in large manufacturing plants that put out a huge amounts of carbon dioxide in their manufacturing processes. It removes about eighty to ninety percent of the carbon dioxide.

The inspiration came from an the enzyme in human blood that allows carbon dioxide to dissolve in the blood as carbonates. At first it was too expensive, but then they learned how to synthesize the enzyme artificially and make it easily in large quantities.

he, so we will have baking soda mountains on the large scale? :)

about global dimming - I have a great episode on that from BBC (I dl it about few months ago). we actually have to go through it, there is no other way to make the earth clean again. and it will take time to be as it was before - there is no quick fix. we screw it, so now we have to repair it for the next 100 years.

why not? as far as I know you cant be elected more that 2 elections in a role. but to run for the third time when 4 or 8 years has passed - there is no obstacle there in the law as far as I know.. but its probably true - the democtrats will never go with that.

Well actually I think that the USA is not so bad. After all just look at all those other countries in Europe' date=' Asia, South America, etc. that you can not even drink the water before boiling it for ten minutes. Mexico which, because of NAFTA is now being taken over by American Industries because there is on emission control for factories, automobiles, stuff like that. Atleast we are trying to do something about it. The only thing I hate about the states is that you just can not seem to get ahead without blowing someone :p. How do you think they are going to get the next trade agreement. South American Free Trade Agreement. Watch out it's coming.[/quote']

Not so bad? That is just ignorant, or wishfull thinking, I don't know wich.

Look at these statistics

http://www.vexen.co.uk/USA/pollution.html#Pollution

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/sci_tech/2001/climate_change/usa.stm

But, hey, Europeans telling the US what to do is old news. We aren't listening.

Just remind me........did any large scale disasters occur in the USA this year? Oh no, that couldnt possibly have anything to do with global warming could it!

Its called learning the hard way or learning the USA way.

After all its written that man will destroy himself.......lets make it happen.