Breach of Privacy: Hey lets all give up our phones!

thedrtim

Why do they want to check through text messges like that anyway? Surely they have the technology to sift through messages with the mobile phone operators anyway.

Putting the fear of the authorities in people? If you read their messages where no one sees you do it, people will not be afraid. If you do it in view of everyone else, people will be scared.

I have to apologsie here. My bad. I got all f****** up and thought that the dude sending the hate was mrdad. It was peterwheeler so this post doesn't read well at now.

Ah well. The point still stands.

Mrdad is a member of this forum and may post and quote whom ever he sees fit as long as he follows the posting rules. He has done that.

ALSO: Members should refrain from name calling. I've edited one post for this very reason. Please re-read the posting rules if you have any questions. Be respectful and excellent to each other.

c4 B) ~ MOD

I grant that the name calling is unpleasant so I withdraw that but I am sorry, I dont understand why you'e cited the rules on quotation. I wasn't flaming peterwheeler for quoting me quoting Ben Franklin. I was flaming him for being a reactionary adherent to the neo-con new world order. I was flaming him for having so parlous an understanding of the political machine that runs his country and as an medical professional with several rotations through war zones, I was flaming him for having no idea what his war on terrorism or any war looks like on THE GROUND, what it looks like to civilians (primarily women and children) who are neither soldiers nor terrorists, just simply unlucky.

The war is doing jack to combat terror and neither are the draconian sedition laws or homeland security acts. They're simply guaranteeing that our kids will live with war and repression in years to come as well. What a happy legacy and all because of opinions like those held by peterwheeler.

Mrdad, I didn't serve my country sewing teenage soldiers and little kids back together to come home and have an increasingly paramilitary style police force check my goddamn phone for messages. I did it so that I could come home and NOT have to live with that crap.

The "name calling" warning was meant for you. The other warning part of my post was meant for "peterwheeler" for taking mrdad to task for quoting Ben Franklin. As for your mention of "flaming"...that is discouraged on this forum.

I hope I've cleared up the matter to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to PM and we can continue this discussion in private.

c4 B)

Mrdad, I didn't serve my country sewing teenage soldiers and little kids back together to come home and have an increasingly paramilitary style police force check my goddamn phone for messages. I did it so that I could come home and NOT have to live with that crap.

I'm confused. This is apparently a rebuttal, but to what I don't know. Perhaps you could explain to me what offended you and prompted this response.

I'm confused. This is apparently a rebuttal, but to what I don't know. Perhaps you could explain to me what offended you and prompted this response.

I am deeply sorry mrdad. This is my arse puppet moment. I edited the original post from which this came and in it I said I had gotten confused over the names. I think you'd need to read the whole thread through to untangle it but my post was aimed at peterwheeler, not you. I edited the post and changed things but I think i must have missed one of the mrdads.

Sorry again. Deepest apologies.

God most of my text messages consist of "Ok C U Soon" "I'm running late" etc etc. It's not as if they contain anything private' date=' if they do then I think you need to rethink how you communicate. Text messaging is hardly very personal.[/quote']

How is it not very personal? Who are you giving your phone to that makes it so impersonal? Anyway its not the nature of the messages on the phone, its the nature of the incursion into your privacy.

Ohh, and Im so awfully sorry to hear that your txt life is so dull. I hope you get some steamy txt love soon. ;)

well' date=' if you have the right to decline I dont see a problem. the problem begins when you dont have a choice. but this is all due to bushs "fear of terror" policy spreading and so are the technics. it is quite unusual that people let them do that - the bush fear policy must be working well then..[/quote']

This is ironic considering it happened in Australia. It seems John Howard and the Australian people should be left holding the bag for this. Apparently it's not unusual for Australians, though. Didn't you read the actual article? The scene would have been quite different in a NY or Boston subway. Bush has a lot to answer for, but it's not his fault the Aussies are sheep.

This, I agree with.