Uniforms

Wazer

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no and no. Wesley had two forms:

Young Wesley who thought he knew it all, and turned every episode he was in into an after-school-special type of deal where at the end he always learned the moral of the story.

Older Wesley who spent a few years at the Academy, got bored of it, got tired of having to live up to what people thought of him and as a result turned into a whiney baby who couldn't tough out his one last year before he'd have made an enlisted officer.

Neither version of Wesley, was entertaining. The only episode he was in I found "positive" was the one where his Nanites got loose and frakked up the ship. It wasn't so much, enjoyable as it was hilarious. Here is this 15 year old kid who's science project just got loose and is royally screwing up not just a Federation galaxy class starship but the flagship of the Federation. I found it amusing. He never really served a purpose, other than being some small link between Picard and Crusher, due to the death of his father but they resolved that with several seasons to spare.

Sorry I don't mean to go offtopic but I just really can't see how someone can like Wesley Crusher, that's like saying "hey my favorite character in TNG was Alexander" you just cant understand it..

I started to make a really long post about why exactly people WOULD like Wesley Crusher, but then I realized that is best kept for another topic, so I shall leave my reply as: many (not most, but many) people saw Wesley Crusher in a completely different light, and from a very different point of view, than you obviously did. And what they saw made them love the character. (And even if you don't like Wesley, Wil Wheaton is tha man!! Check out wilwheaton.net if you don't believe me.)