Ever been ashamed of being a Trekkie?

Nightmare

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a geek, geeks are the new cool!

im the only one of my masses of friends who watches sci-fi but its never bothered me in the least, iv been known to force a girtfriend or 2 to watch a sci fi new release as PAYBACK for all the girlie movies i get forced into. haha.

but i think you can definately be a trekkie and still be cool, i surf, jet ski, go out and get drunk and cause rucus as clubs, set trends and even get into fights. i admit ill laugh at the dress up thing, but its actually all in good jest, iv been known to go out in a mini skirt, high heels and a crop top to some dress up partys but its all in the name of fun.

so no, iv never been embarassed to be a geek and neither should anyone else, cause at the end of the day YOUR opinion is the one that really matters

At first i actually never liked it... Then i saw a few Voyager episodes, and i started to like it. At least the Voyager series... Later i started liking the others too, after getting used to it... Except for TOS, thats just too old and lame for me... those space hippies.. I don't really care what others think about it though. I just watch whatever i want to..

I am never ashamed of being a trekkie, what's more amusing is that at work there are some people who prefer star wars and I often get into a debate with them often involving me pointing out that ST is bigger and has had some real life success, the shuttle called Enterprise. It can be a very amusing debate.

I have love Star Trek and almost all kind of sci-fi and i have never been ashamed of that.

I have never thougth or heard from anyone that am a nerd. In my opinion am cool as hell and if someone tell me that im a nerd then that guy is probably insecure with him self or trying to be cool in front of other un cool people. :D