YTV: Hyperdrive

MPHopcroft

The BBC has just launched a new sci-fi comedy series called Hyperdrive, about a British starship in the year 2151 (apparently most of the great nbations on Earth have starships) starring Nick Frost (from Shaun of the Dead) and Miranda West.

I managed to see at least part of the first episode (my geek-fu is strong) and it looks both funny and intriguing.

Anyone else seen it, or seen more of it, and have any thoughts? If I can figure out how, should I consider torrenting it here?

The official website has some useful information.

well, Ive seen a pilot and Im not that impressed.. Its not bad, there are some funny moments but I felt that in some cases jokes didnt work well - like that they are trying to hard to be funny. but maybe that just me :)

I will still check on more eps to see if they will improve in time, so it would be nice if you upload new eps when they come out.

Its not really red dwarf - just it came about after The Office success when they wanted to do another Space based SitCom and billed as the first BBC space sitcom since Dwarf.

The idea - a brit spaceship trying to well in big intergalactic trading galaxy could be good, but the humour isn't there - they need some good writers in to make it work