Bridgebuilding

TetsuoShima

I wasn't sure if I should place this in modern science or mos eisley....

It's got characteristics of a little of both.

It's a small game, quite easy to understand. It's got a readme and a little help file, but you don't really need those.

The idea is that you have to cross an opening with a bridge that you have to design and built yourself. But you have a limited amount of money to do it.

Once the bridge is built, you can test it. The stress on the different components is calculated in real time while a train crosses the bridge.

The goal is to built a bridge that will hold and keeps on standing when the train has crossed over for as little amount of money as possible.

Some friends of mine and me have had a blast with this little game, competing against each other! :D

It is really small and looks pretty old (which it probably also is), but it can still be reasonably demanding on you computer and more specifically the graphics card, it uses OpenGl, so ATI cards have a harder time running it then Nvidia cards.

Anyway, give it a try, it's worth it. (At least, I think so) The beginning is very easy, but it gets harder as you progress. 15 levels.

And remember, for as little money as possible! ;)

If you want, you can post scores (used money) here and we can all compete, you can save your bridge (one saved bridge is less than 1k in size if zipped) for justification of scores.

Have fun all! :D

ps. there exist more modern variants, but they are over 10MB is size and would require a torrent or something like that, this one is easier and just as fun... :)

• 1 month later...

LOL, after nearly 2 months you guys discover this thread. :cyclops:

Anyhoo, I've only been unable to finish the final bridge successfully... My train keeps crashing against the wall... If you've gotten this far, you'll know what I mean....

If anyone found out how to do that one, I'd be very interested. :)