Stargate Atlantis 2x20

yudd

(moderator edit: this thread's title has been edited to be the official thread, and has been moved to the Atlantis forum. All of topic remarks will be locked in a small room with Dr. Mc Kay, in a seemingly unsurvivable situation.)

what do you think about the ending, personally, the episode was lame, shouldnt someone have been playing the devils advocate trying to figure out what the wraith were actually planning, i mean thats like ENEMY ALLIANCE 101. instead everyone was all happy following orders and buying everything the wraith were selling. It doesnt sound plausible especially withthe military in deadelus being there.

I agree. When the heck are the Earthlings in the Stargate Universe going to learn to stop being so naive? Haven't they learned by now to NEVER trust the enemy? To be fair, in this episode they had little choice other than go along with the Wraith on account that they were being blackmailed, but still. You'd think they'd smarten up since the last encounter with the Genii a few eps back and have a backup plan in case of the inevitable backstab. A least it wasn't as much of a dumbass move like in the SG-1 episode where they trust the Samantha Replicator. I was screaming (in my head) at the stupidity of the characters for the entire hour during that one.

They never used the Orion is this episode which means that it will no doubt play an instrumental part in stopping Michael and his band of Wraiths from reaching Earth in Season 3. This show has become too damned predictable.

I just got finished watching it (2 x 20), and thought it was excellent.

I mean, come on man, it's a TV show for crying out loud. They need some way to finish the season and catch/hold peoples attention for the following year/season. So what if it wasn't perfect, and had a fairly high degree of predictability? Almost all TV shows and movies do to some extent...

If I were such a good writer, good enough to be writing for a show like this, I think I'd be proud of myself, and living rather comfortably.

I just got finished watching it (2 x 20), and thought it was excellent.

I mean, come on man, it's a TV show for crying out loud. They need some way to finish the season and catch/hold peoples attention for the following year/season. So what if it wasn't perfect, and had a fairly high degree of predictability? Almost all TV shows and movies do to some extent...

If I were such a good writer, good enough to be writing for a show like this, I think I'd be proud of myself, and living rather comfortably.

Just because it's a TV Show doesn't mean that we shouldn't hold it up to [/i]some[/i] level of quality. If they're such good writers, then they need to prove it, not just follow a basic cookie cutter pattern every episode. If the object of this episode was to hold/catch people's attention for the following season, they failed. They could easily cancel this show right now and follow the storyline up in the next season of SG-1, since at this point the Wraith are headed for our galaxy. Have the Wraith attack and destroy Atlantis at the beginning of Season 10 and be done with it. And really, I like this show and all, but I'm sorry to say that it wouldn't be a big loss. ATLANTIS had a lot of potential up to the beginning of Season 2, and it still does, but I'm afraid that in this viewer's opinion, they're squandering it.

Yeah, this episode sucked majorly. I dion't know what happened to the program, the pilot episode had so much potential - then every new episode got a little bit worse, then a little more worese every time. Hopefully they'll either smarten up for season 3, or cancel it outright, and give sg-1 a higher budget.

All I could think when I saw this episode was "They're going to double cross you."

And then when it happened I went "NNNNNNNN!"

They really do need to smarten up... I mean, some of the episodes have felt like you could have put in SG-1 actors and it would have been exactly the same.

I rather enjoyed this episode. Sure you know the wraith were gonna double cross them, but how else would you write an episode like this? And its not like the Atlantis team didnt look for a bug in the data burst that the wraith sent them, they did look. Also, Ronan plays enough devils advocate for the entire city IMO.

This episode is a 2 parter right...not a 3 parter like last seasons final episodes.

I will give this episode credit. I knew the wraith were going to turn at any time, but them shooting into the hyperspace window definately caught me off guard. I figured they were going to give them a chance to manouver into position then open up on them.

Once again in this cliff-hanger we are left with Sheppard's fate undetermined (well thats what we are supposed to think anyways...but honestly, in every show they always do that and the main character always survives...its just something that has to happen in television) I think that they should just call for back-up from The asgard. I love those little guys to pieces and i always get ssuper happy when they come onscreen.

Overall i give the episode an 8/10. I really loved getting to know the wraith a little bit more in the episode and i hope that we see more of them in the second half, instead of just trying to destroy them.

Fair episode. As many have pointed out, the Wraith's backstab was quite predictable. Honestly, now that season 2 is finished, I have to admit that season 1 of Atlantis was better. Maybe establishing a connection with Earth too early in the series was not a smart move. Indeed, SGA was more exciting when the expedition team couldn't rely on external help. Now with the Daedalus things have changed... I look forward to season 3, though.

Yeah, it did kind of change the dynamic, didn't it?

I mean, they never really overly played on the fact that they were stranded but they didn't have any support... that said, it was pretty lame when they didn't have ANYTHING to protect them and it would all relay on Rodders coming up with some hairbrain scheme to get them out of trouble... I mean, SG-1 has done that so many times.

I think one of my braincells died (the one that's active only when the rest are on r n r).

This 'unholy' alliance was so obvious that they must have been 'playing' along, anything else is an insult to the fans. I hope it doesn't end with a big mess with some 'infamous systemlord' coming to the rescue in yet another 'unholy' alliance or Mitchell placing a couple of well aimed shots at some 'redundant but still critical' system that makes the wraith ships go BOOM.

Is it possible that the downloading of SGA have affected the polls? Average IQ has drop to below average, cause the 'less fortunate' don't know how to d/l?

To be honest I couldn't really care whether or not they actually make it to Earth. We (and Atlantis) know that the Orii are coming to wipe out the Ancients so any Wraith that do make it will be vanquished by any number of priors or even just one.

I really couldn't care less about what happens to them because they will survive. It doesn't matter how because they will.

To quote Agent Smith "It is inevitable!"

• 3 weeks later...

Oi. When Rodney assured Weir that there was no way the Wraith could corrupt the computer system ("It's completely firewalled!"), it was a bit obvious that they would, in fact, corrupt it. Famous last words and everything. But I have to admit a teeny, tiny part of me almost kinda started to feel maybe the eensiest bit bad for Michael. Remember the SGA knew him as a human, probably felt bad about what they put Michael Sapiens through, and maybe that clouded their judgement. Or maybe they'll take a page out of SG-1's book and turn out to be double-double crossers. I donno.

I kinda hope they don't have the Asgard come swooping in to the rescue though. I *love* the little guys, but that's waaaay to much of a get-out-of-apocalypse-free card. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Thor in there helping out a bit, if only to see him interact with the Atlantis crew. I've missed the Jack-and-Thor dynamic and think the very much alive (um, duh?) Sheppard will make a good foil for him.

Dish

So true. And there was no way they'd let the Wraith data onto their system without having that discussion, so they couldn't have left it out. I actually liked the ep, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they get outta this snafu. Still though, the minute someone (especially Rodney) says something is impossible, well, there ya go with the foreshadowing.

Dish

well I liked it you know that as its the cliff hanger for the series end that in the new series they will get out of it otherwise it will be a short series, the question of course is how. We of course will watch to find out thus the episode has done its job. I liked it and have a few thoughts on the subject but will wait and see if I am right (probably not)