Episode 200 Speculation

cgrothrock

As you are probably away (or maybe you aren't) Stargate SG1 is coming up fast on episode #200. This episode will be in season 10 (yes, season 10 was contracted), episode 6.

As with any TV show, episode 100 and 200 are counted as milestones and the producers and staff try to come up with something special, different, fun...just something out of the ordinary. This was true with episode #100, season 5, episode 12 - Wormhole X-treme! where the cast and crew alike participated in the episode and looked like they all had a blast doing it.

What I have been wondering is what the Stargate crew and staff are planning for episode #200 (season 10, episode 6). I tried to get a hint of this from TV Tome (tv.com) but even the name of the episode is not listed. It appears that whatever they are cooking up, they want it to be a surprise to all the Stargate fans out there. I'd like to hear what kind of speculations other fans have on what they may be planning for this.

Somehow I don't think they'll do much, aside from mentioning it. I mean, the milestones for 100 and 200 are vastly different. Aside from actually reaching the number 100, the 100 milestone means syndication. Most cable providers will syndicate any show as long as it's run has hit 100 episodes or more. The 200 is more of a formality than any real purpose to the Sci Fi channel.

Obviously to us fans it's great, they're still going strong. I'd like to see a cameo from O'Neill for #200.

Somehow I don't think they'll do much' date=' aside from mentioning it. I mean, the milestones for 100 and 200 are vastly different. Aside from actually reaching the number 100, the 100 milestone means syndication. Most cable providers will syndicate any show as long as it's run has hit 100 episodes or more.[/quote']

Actually, the milestone for syndication status is lower than that, (I believe it's in the 60-70 episode area) Star Trek is a legendary example of this where the number of eps barely exceeded the minimum required for syndication at that time. If it were canceled only a few months earlier, it would never have become the cult phenomenon that it is today. Another example, Smallville just reached it's 100 episode a little over a week ago but it's been in syndication for almost 2 years now.

Regarding the 200 ep of SG-1, I had also heard the rumor that it's supposed to introduce the Furlings. That'd be cool. :)

I was reading one of the earlier posts and someone speculated that in episode #200 they are going to possibly introduce the furlings. That would be something worth seeing' date=' I think.[/quote']:D I'd like that, it would be cool to meet the Furlings.

I bet they're like carebears and will defeat the Ori with a carebear stare.
Hopefully they aren't Ewoks either. :p

:thinking: And since the Furlings knew the Ancients and Ori prior to accention they may come in handy to help defeat the Ori with somekind of insider information.

I heard that the actors from the movie will be featured. James Spader' date=' and Kurt Russel.[/quote'] :thinking:You mean in thier original roles or as guest-stars?

I heard that the actors from the movie will be featured. James Spader' date=' and Kurt Russel.[/quote']

Hmmm..... This sounds suspiciously an awful lot like what I posted a few weeks back in the "Stargate SG-1 9X13 Official discussion" thread: http://forum.niteshdw.com/index.php?a=topic&t=6482

I really enjoyed this ep. I brings up an idea I've always had. I've always thought it would be fun if they did an episode where SG-1 meets up with Kurt Russell and James Spader team from the original movie. Let's face it, there are so many little differences between the series and the movie that they can't possibly be the same universe.

But then, I couldn't possibly be the first person in the world who ever thought that would be a cool idea, could I? ;)

I heard that the actors from the movie will be featured. James Spader' date=' and Kurt Russel.[/quote']

Hmmm..... This sounds suspiciously an awful lot like what I posted a few weeks back in the "Stargate SG-1 9X13 Official discussion" thread: http://forum.niteshdw.com/index.php?a=topic&t=6482

I really enjoyed this ep. I brings up an idea I've always had. I've always thought it would be fun if they did an episode where SG-1 meets up with Kurt Russell and James Spader team from the original movie. Let's face it, there are so many little differences between the series and the movie that they can't possibly be the same universe.

But then, I couldn't possibly be the first person in the world who ever thought that would be a cool idea, could I? ;)

I always thought it would be a cool idea to have them meet.

Mine involved them making a Stargate movie (within the show) which starred Kurt Russell as Jack O'Neill and James Spader as Daniel and they followed their counterparts round. Of course this was before RDA left the main cast and it was during season 7 when I thought of it.

I always thought it would be a cool idea to have them meet.

Mine involved them making a Stargate movie (within the show) which starred Kurt Russell as Jack O'Neill and James Spader as Daniel and they followed their counterparts round. Of course this was before RDA left the main cast and it was during season 7 when I thought of it.

That would be an interesting idea (well, it's still an interesting idea) if they hadn't already done the "Wormhole X-Treme" episode.

That would be an interesting idea (well' date=' it's [i']still[/i] an interesting idea) if they hadn't already done the "Wormhole X-Treme" episode.
Well they were to somehow get involved with either going through the stargate or getting involved in some Go'auld plot to destroy the SGC.

Mind you we've seen from Buffy the Vampire Slayer that you can take a license which flopped and turn it into something great although that was from a movie into a series. Bal could be behind it to cover himself on Earth seing as how he's probably seen Wormhole X-treme and it would get fanatics watching Cheyenne Mountain which would force the SGC to be extra cautious

• 3 weeks later...

I got the following info. from Gateworld.net, interseting stuff!

What better time to introduce a Furling than in the show's 200th episode? "Don't laugh. We've seriously discussed the possiblity."

"Brad [Wright] has been working on the third episode of SG-1 as well as that wild (some will no doubt say 'crazy') idea for the 200th episode, getting on it early as it will take some time to prepare for."

"The next couple of weeks will no doubt be spent reading and commenting on scripts, revising, and hopefully breaking some more stories. I'd love to get cracking on the big SG-1 mid-season quest two-parter or the time travel, What If?, story we briefly discussed (hopefully, no producer's head will explode this time, unlike the time we broke 'Moebius' I and II). And, of course, there's the big 200th episode that will offer up a little something for everyone. It'll be an episode unlike any we've ever produced, both in terms of format and content."

"We started to break the 200th episode today and discussed the possibility of a special guest star. Fingers crossed."

(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in posts at his blog)

So, maybe the Furlings and O'Neill

Wormhole X-Treme the Movie, staring Kurt Russell as "The Colonel" and so on and so forth

It'd be awesome. As far as we know the show-within-the-show has kept going on, they left the one alien dude on the planet without his memory.

But they'd really need to bring O'Neill in for that one. Let Mitchell sit out on that mission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They're the 4th and only unseen member of the ancient alliance of 4 races - consisting of the Nox' date=' Ancients, Asgard and Furlings.[/quote']

Pardon my ignorance. In which episode (Season?) were the Furlings mentioned? I would like to watch that episode again as my memory fails me. But then I am getting on--finished college etc when TOS began!!!!!

They're the 4th and only unseen member of the ancient alliance of 4 races - consisting of the Nox' date=' Ancients, Asgard and Furlings.[/quote']

Pardon my ignorance. In which episode (Season?) were the Furlings mentioned? I would like to watch that episode again as my memory fails me. But then I am getting on--finished college etc when TOS began!!!!!

Season 7 when Maybourne came back for the last time before leaving Earth.

They visit a planet which is supposed to ahve a weapons cache designed by the Furlings only it turns out to be a sanctuary/eden

Wormhole X-Treme the Movie, staring Kurt Russell as "The Colonel" and so on and so forth

It'd be awesome. As far as we know the show-within-the-show has kept going on, they left the one alien dude on the planet without his memory.

Actually the episode with Dan Castellanata (voice of Homer Simpson) we learn that it only ran for a season before being cancelled

From the thread on the 4 races.

Anyway, three episodes mention or deal with the Furlings:

The Torment of Tantalus (1x10) - Team discovers meeting place for the four races - Asgard, Ancients, Furlings and yes, the Nox.

The Fifth Race (2x15) - Jack downloads Ancient knowlege, travels to find Asgard, who mention Furlings.

Paradise Lost (6x15) - Archway that Mayborne and Jack use is of apparent Furling design