Inconsistency!!!

vystral

In Star Trek: Insurrection, when Deanna Troi kisses Riker in her quarters, she says, "Yuck," because she had never kissed him with a beard before.

Well, watch TNG: Ménage à Troi (season 3, ep 24), the couple kisses on Betazed. As we all know, Riker had a beard in the third season of TNG.

It's petty, but HA!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Picard was supposed to have had his heart stabbed out at age 22 but it was later reduced to 21.

Any inconsistencies in StartTrek can beexplained as a minor change resulting from temporal incursion. We know form Voyager that the Temporal Investigators from the 31st Century have to fix the paradoxes and mess that the 22nd to 24th Trek characters make. Little changes are bound to happen.

Just like in Xena Warrior Princess any inconsistency is explained by 'A wizard did it!'

Maybe that could be part of the wiki...explaining away every percieved "inconsistency"...

Or better yet, looping them so one links into another so just when you think it's solved it's more perplexing by being intangled/related to another one o_O

Easily possible. However, I like to think that what we see in an episode, except where specifically shown to be otherwise (like in Year of Hell, or All Good Things...) is what came about at the end of all continuity changes. The only time this is contradicted is with The Trouble with Tribbles, which showed things happen in a different way than they were eventually caused to happen by the crew of DS9.

Well, like I said: I like to think that what we see is the end result. Otherwise, there is no point in explaining anything, is there? Klingon head ridges? KRENIM! No mention of Captain Archer? KRENIM!! Changing appearance of the Borg? KRENIM!!! etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Changing appearance of the Borg?

I thought they were all pretty similar? Other than developing the fast-acting assimilation tendrils their appearence looks pretty close from TNG season 2 all the way to Voyager season 7.

Well, subtle changes in appearance can't really be contined as an "inconsistancey". Let's assume for a moment the original solid color skin for the Borg was part of a "identifcation" or broken down a uniform, right. Now look at Starfleet officers. How many uniform alterations did they go through from TNG season 1 to Voyager season 7? Quite a few. Maybe the Borg simply decided to change the look, for a variety of purposes. Maybe it became healthier for the biological body parts to have less monochromatic skin. Who knows. But things can change through time.

Now maybe if it was something like TOS Klingons vs TNG Klingons, yea I'd understand. But just a general appearance change? Eh, I think that's more of a nitpick personally. Which sometimes can be amusing and within reason, but then again pointing out how the carpet in TNG season 1 episode whatever is a different color compared to season 4 episode whatever is just >_<