guy with skirt

nireves1

I assume it was to show there was sexual equality? Slutty clothes for men AND women.

Yeah, pretty much.

As I recall, these sporadically occured in the first season but not beyond. Which is good because it just looks really stupid.

Well, the first season uniforms ALL looked pretty bad.

To be honest, a lot of things in TNG's first season looked awful - the production values, quality of set, even the quality of the video improves markedly by the 7th season... oh and the music. The cheesy synth is hilarious but it just makes me want to listen to some New Wave.

Whats so special with the number 47 ?

If you look at the link thejman provided, there is a rough explanation. Mainly it's a conspiracy.

Yea we knew of these before, but what I always wondered was, why call them "skants"? That sounds too similar to "skanks" which is more a of derogatory word for more, risque women.

But it does pose a plot hole. If you call DS9's "Trials and Tribble-ations" Jadzia explains back in TOS's time the women wore the skirt uniforms and pinned up their hair, which is right. Yet the drooling stares of Sisko, O'Brien and Bashir plus her explaination all gave the impression they weren't really aware of such a thing (as Bashir said he wasn't much of a history buff, at least not at that time in DS9).

Perhaps the "skant" (which' date=' for the record, sounds nothing like "skank" in any accent I can think of) miniskirt.[/quote']

I was referring to the spelling. By "sounds similar" I was meaning how it was read. In pronounciation, you are right they are pretty far from similar. Just at a first glance reading it has me thinking of the work skank not skant as it's written.