I miss tng

klingonit

:( hello

I would like to forget all the seasons and to see them again.

this is the best at my opinion, now I see ds9 and it is so boring, I know why!!!

GENE RODDENBERY is the genius he died at the end of tng and I can feel at the end that the last episodes were not good as those that come before.

excuse me if my english is bad, I m french that live in israel (too much mixe languages)

Didn't Gene pass away somewhere a little over half of TNG, in the after the 4th season or something like that...

Anyway, I concur with TFMF, DS9 is not boring, but if you're used to TNG, it takes a while to get into it.. And also, when the Defiant 'joins' DS9, it does get better than before that...

But still, TNG was the best and I too whished that there was more of it....

Each of the shows have some good eps in those early seasons - but they also have some really dubious ones.

Generally though I would have to agree with you on TNG - got much better in series 3.

DS9 improved in 2.

VOY - not sure.

ENT - better from 2

TOS - Long Live The Original Series - whose episode have this strange effect that I cant recall a single one until I start watching it.

I think we all have a bit of nostalga about TNG. For me it was the first star trek I had seen and it is hard to compare.

I also think the style of Picard as captain really dominated the series none of the other captains had such a presence.

I also agree that with the loss of Rodenberry many of the writers lost the idea behind star trek, which is a problem with DS9 is that it is very dark in parts and does't always have the positive view the Gene had of the future.

Not that it make DS9 a bad series it is probably my second favourite series.

i'm watching TNG for the first time and i'm mid 7th season and i'm already missing it. i don't think any of the other series' will be better than this but i don't think they'll be boring either, i'm definitely looking forward to them.

the first post said that they felt TNG was going downhill after Gene Roddenbery died, i disagree i thought it got better with every season.

TNG and DS9 are the perfect concepts of Star Trek. I too miss TNG and I grew up watching it, it was my first real experience in the Trek universe.

TNG had it's own merits and I enjoyed them for it. I also loved, DS9. It's super hard to pick between the two but DS9 edges out TNG as my personal favorite. Now favorite captain, that's also hard. I've sometimes said Sisko, sometimes Picard, it's hard to choose.

Either way it's a great show. This is why I wanna own the dvds of all seasons some day, so when I get bored and want TNG right then and there I can watch it.

• 4 months later...
I too miss TNG and I grew up watching it, it was my first real experience in the Trek universe.

the same with me. i grew up watching it...i've recently started to watch it again, and realized that i still like it, and now i understand it even better than i used to. it's just great.