Retrieving deleted data

ashfox

I was trying to speed up my pc the other day by unistalling some programs that i dont use anymore and i accidently unistalled bitcomet. all my downloads were contained within my bitcomet folder so i have lost everything!!!!!!!!!

Ive lost gigabytes of data including all of the stargate sg1 and atlantis series which took ages to download!!

If anyone knows of a way to retrieve deleted data please let me know.

There are a bunch of programs that can undelete your files. I've personally used Recover my Files, and it worked like a charm when I used it. Somehow I managed to get a virus that very selectivly deleted the single most important data folder on my hard drive, it had all my files for all my classes that semester, and left everything else alone...

I lost a ton of stuff and retreived it by using Ontrack EasyRecoveryâ„¢ DataRecovery Professional. Got 3/4 of it back intact. Better than nothing.

Here's a link to some torrents on IsoHunt.

Here's a link to the Ontrack website and more info.

Hope this helps.

c4 B)

does anyone know if you can retrieve data that you have deleted if you have defragmented that harddrive?

does it affect the retrieval process in any way?

Its might be a lot harder if you defragmented the hard drive after deleting the files. While the defrag process was going on, it might have overwritten the deleted data when it was moving files around. if that happened, you won't be able to get them back. There is no harm in trying though.

Good luck with it

I tried an 'undelete' utility for a folder I had just deleted a few minutes before, but it didn't come up. It seems really hit and miss. Does anyone know of any good 'data recovery' programs that can run in Windows (not a BootCD) and recover deleted data?

I tried an 'undelete' utility for a folder I had just deleted a few minutes before' date=' but it didn't come up. It seems really hit and miss. Does anyone know of any good 'data recovery' programs that can run in Windows (not a BootCD) and recover deleted data?[/quote']

I have researched some programs on the web and i have downloaded a program called 'Recover My Files'. I have XP home edition and it works fine on Windows.

I have only tried the program once quickly but it seemed to recover a lot of data. It has also got a built in wizard that asks you what you want to do and then does it for you!

I tried an 'undelete' utility for a folder I had just deleted a few minutes before' date=' but it didn't come up. It seems really hit and miss. Does anyone know of any good 'data recovery' programs that can run in Windows (not a BootCD) and recover deleted data?[/quote']

Yes Nite. See my post above regarding Ontrack EasyRecoveryâ„¢ DataRecovery Professional.

I lost a ton of stuff and used this program in Windows and retrieved over 2/3. Better than nothing.

c4 B)

I have researched some programs on the web and i have downloaded a program called 'Recover My Files'. I have XP home edition and it works fine on Windows.

I have only tried the program once quickly but it seemed to recover a lot of data. It has also got a built in wizard that asks you what you want to do and then does it for you!

yup, recover my files worked like a charm for me as well. I would lost a huge amount of data if not for this program

I use BitTornado as my client and I find it to be perfect for downloading torrents, so long as it isn't multiple torrents at the same time.

I highly recommend in the future that you download your files to a different folder other than BitComet or any other program, that way if you do lose the program you won't lose your files. It's like when you have two hard drives, why render your coveted files more vulnerable, much better to put them on the other drive.