What brand dvd-writer do you have?

TetsuoShima

Mines a Lite-On SHW 1635s. 16x DVD+&- R and +&-RW. with dvd +&- R DL. 8 x double and 4 x dual.

The reason was the price £45, and the fact that my local Computer shop carried two, that one and pioneer. They were both about the same price, but mine did more.

EDIT: It also came with Nero.

And you got an extra facia for it. (Thats what really did it.)lol :)

Seemed reasonable enough, so I got it.

Had it for a few months and have had no problems reading or writing. :D

My other DVD is only a reader, a Toshiba that I got from a skip along with a CD-writer and some other parts. They`re my best buys, Free. :p

I have 2 LG drives, a 16x and an 8x. I've had trouble getting the 8x to burn at full speed with good burns, but the 16x is very fast (5:40 per burn, most are 6:30). Out of about 50 burns I had one with a few bad sectors last night, near the end of the disc.

My next burner will have LightScribe support! I actually tried to find one when I got my 16x, but the store didn't have any in stock.

My father-in-law has a NEC 16x. I tried a burn at 16x, but the computer he had it on couldn't keep up, so even with a huge number of buffer underruns, the disc came out perfect, with an average burn speed of about 10x.

I bought an LG 4167 recently and have it mounted in a caddy, reason i bought this one was for the DVD-RAM option but it not so hot when used via USB. Am thinking about just fitting it in the case and using the caddy for a spare bdrive that can be shared between than and my laptop. Has anyone else had the same problem with caddy's please?

I have a Benq dw1640 myself. I'm quite happy with it. Nice speeds, good quality burns, only cost me $45 at the time.

It can even overburn dvd's, not many dvd-writers out there that can do this... Then again, not something you use very often either... :)

At the time, it was either an LG or a Benq, but the latest LG model wasn't available yet, so I got a Benq instead. Haven't regretted it since. :)