What web browser do you use?

TetsuoShima

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use FF, mainly because that was the only browser with a convienient proxy switch, albeit a third party extenson, but as I was finally getting my browser to do what I want, e.g. tabbed browser, rss, popup block, chat, I found that for the amount of functions I wanted a new extension was required and after a time it became unstable (even through several reinstalls).

Too many extensions. Then Opera released 8.5x and it had a proxy switch plus all the other functions I wanted and had a built in email client instead of using outlook or another standalone, so it was really a no brainer to switch and I haven't looked back since and in bypasses M$ entirely.... FF is a good browser (apart from the instabilities), but I find Opera better suited to me. The security issue separating the browsers is negligable but Opera is all in one, straight out of the box.

I have always been an IE user, and up until recently I was on IE7. Looked quite good, nice and sleek, took a while to get used to new layout (few mis-placed clicks). But, bit Glitchy. :mad:

So now with my new BorgXP I am using Opera 8.52. First time, seems quite good. Nice layout, easy to navigate once you get used to it. I think I like to built in email, but I keep referring back to Outlook.

I`ll see how I feel down the line. ;)

Might give Firefox a go as it seems to be favourite at the moment. B)

I'm a huge Opera fan. It is 100% customizable (menus, toolbars, icons, you name it) and has a built-in email client and RSS reader, which is a huge plus for me. I never 'check my email', because Opera checks it for me and notifies me. The same for RSS/Atom feeds.

I tried FF, but I hate its tab implementation. Opera never opens a new Opera window, every page is always opened in a new tab. Firefox you have to middle click to get a new tab rather than a new window. What's the point of tabs if you can have 3 windows open each with 3 tabs? That's just crazy.