Dr.Who--New series

wesireal

Ivory tower execs are the single worst thing that can ever happen to something.

Sci-fi's decisions quite frankly could have been better made by a monkey throwing a dart at a spinning wheel. Like Bob - I'm also not a subscriber of the channel but I'm also impacted by its (bad) decisions.

And I think their attitude isn't exactly encouraging people to write their own original work either - which is bad.

As to the new series of Dr. Who... I'm lukewarm. The Christmas Invasion wasn't *bad* but really, the show needs to stop feeling like something that you'd find on CBEEBIES between Tellytubbies and the Tweenies before I can associate it with the "real" Dr. Who.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No cable or Satelite for me either. Just found out that to get Sci=Fi where I'm at I'd have to get Digital cable as well and add that to my cable internet (I'd get a discount for bundling) and the grand total would be 100 dollars a month. I think I'll watch Who at work where I don't have to pay for it.

Just read on BBC that the new series would be available in the US on sci-fi channel in March and in the UK sometimes in sring. No firm dates yet. So we in Europe will be dependent on someone capping and upping from the US!!!!!!! Oh please!

Hey man, just want to let you know that the US is only getting the FIRST SEASON of the Doctor Who in March; the current SECOND SEASON (or series as friends in UK call it) will show over there first and we will only get to see it by torrents until next year. As it should be i suppose, since it's created and filmed over there. So I ask you guys, please please please up the torrents for US. Thanks

Just read on BBC that the new series would be available in the US on sci-fi channel in March and in the UK sometimes in sring. No firm dates yet. So we in Europe will be dependent on someone capping and upping from the US!!!!!!! Oh please!

Hey man, just want to let you know that the US is only getting the FIRST SEASON of the Doctor Who in March; the current SECOND SEASON (or series as friends in UK call it) will show over there first and we will only get to see it by torrents until next year. As it should be i suppose, since it's created and filmed over there. So I ask you guys, please please please up the torrents for US. Thanks

Hey man, just want to let you know that the US is only getting the FIRST SEASON of the new Doctor Who in March; the current SECOND SEASON (or series as friends in UK call it) will show over there first and we will only get to see it by torrents until next year. As it should be i suppose, since it's created and filmed over there. So I ask you guys, please please please up the torrents for US. Thanks

I've yet to see any ads for it on the Sci-Fi channel' date=' but that doesn't surprise me. They didn't really plug [i']Firefly[/i] or John Doe, both non-SciFi produced show which aired in that same time-slot. I've already seen all the episodes from Series One, as well as the Christmas special, but I plan to watch it on the SciFi channel also. Hopefully they will get high enough rating to warrent airing Series Two in the future.

I saw a commercial tonight!

Yes last night there was a commercial...So what did ya'll think about the commercial?? I mean if this was your first exposure to the show, would you be inspired to watch it?

I think I will have to pull out my Mixx DVD and see how the first promo-ed the show over in the UK. Had to be with a bit more "oompth" than this!!

I saw the commercial on Sci-Fi Channel during "Sci-Fi Friday", and I have to say it was pretty bad. :(

It was only about 10-15 seconds long and showed a rather scattered montage of scenes.

If you had never seen the show before or knew nothing about it, I can't see how it would interest anyone to watch it.

And actually, I think if you were a fan of the original series, didn't know about the new one, and saw this commercial, you'd be scratching your head saying, "Did they remake Doctor Who?".

:mad: As mentioned before, Sci-Fi Channel has the money to waste on promoting those pathetic "Bug" movies, but then doesn't do squat for the longest running science fiction show in history.

And the GREATEST!!!

USWHoFan..as you can see from my post above, I agree entirely. Unless you noticed the brief shot of the Daleks..you might have no clue it was referring to Doctor Who at all. What a way to give away the season finale..before it even starts.

In any case, I will be glued to my set in support of season 1. Does anyone know if the Xmas Invasion is included as part of Season 1? I never got a chance to see it.

USWHoFan..as you can see from my post above, I agree entirely. Unless you noticed the brief shot of the Daleks..you might have no clue it was referring to Doctor Who at all. What a way to give away the season finale..before it even starts.

In any case, I will be glued to my set in support of season 1. Does anyone know if the Xmas Invasion is included as part of Season 1? I never got a chance to see it.

Completely agreed Elizabeth, your posting was inspiration for my post. ;)

And there's no doubt that I'll be in front of Sci-Fi for every single episode. :p