Stargate SG-1 9x17

Tenebrae

No one else started one, so I call dibs.

All I could think was "the mummy". It was a nice kind of nice to have something a bit challenging that they didn't go "yup, we've come up with a solution" by the end of the episode... but I'm fairly sure that some laws of physics were being violated what with ONE bit of meatloaf letting them fill that whole tank.

But yeah, some nice desperation and creep factor in that episode and Mitchell? He clicked for me in this episode. It was just like, he'd always been there. It wasn't forced anymore. It took 17 episodes but there you go.

(hop I spelled that right)

LOL

They should make the one who's going to die wear a red shirt in each episode.

EDIT: AND give him the most armor and weapons. And still get killed, with extreme prejudice, and left to rot in a pen with small farm animals.

(hop I spelled that right)

LOL

They should make the one who's going to die wear a red shirt in each episode.

There would have been a whole lot of red fatigues in this episode. And the bugs are still out there. And yes, I think the bugs are the new replicators. Watch, energy weapons have no effect on the bugs.

They didn't? I watched that episode twice and I'm fairly sure I don't recall a single shot from an energy weapon. You can't expect small arms to be effective against that kind of swarming enemy anyway and if they make these bugs like the replicators, score one for unoriginality.

At least the Doctor survived.

Nice episode! SG-1 is once again a team. Regarding the bugs, yes, they also reminded me of The Mummy. But why would the Ori need to use bugs against nonbelievers if their virus was so effective? As far as I can remember, nobody has developed a cure yet. One thing is certain, though: these bugs will be a pain in the ass considering how easily they destroyed the Gamma Site.

Another thing interesting about this episode was the conversation between Daniel and the Chinese representative. I bet SGC will have some sort of new management (with international cooperation etc.) pretty soon. Something like the Atlantis expedition team.

Replicators combined with that bug that infected Teal'c way back in either Season 1 or 2 (can't remember). Whoop de do. Color me unimpressed. If SG-1 could defeat Replicators, then why should these things be any harder? I was glad to see Replicators gone, we don't need Replicator-lite. Just one more example of writers lacking truly original and innovative ideas.

That said, I still enjoyed the episode. :)

I've just seen this episode and personally i liked it. As most people have said already it immediately reminded me of the scarab beatles from the mummy! personally i cant see these bugs as a huge threat like the replicators. it was only because the guards dropped the stasis box and the glass cracked that the bugs were able to get out. i didnt see any of the bugs eat through metal like the replicators!

Another thing interesting about this episode was the conversation between Daniel and the Chinese representative.

And the interesting fact that they don't know how to speak proper Chinese, and that most shows get the subtitle translation completely wrong. Pisses me off. What is it about danny boy and asian girls? He already married one..

They need to stop wasting money on "earth planet" weapons. They're boring. If all they can do to impress now is bring in .50 cal hip huggers, I'm falling into a coma.

Besides, they already captured enough alien energy weapons that have probably infinite power supplies.

They developed a cure to the Prior plague in the mid-season finale.

Besides, I don't know about you but I'd be rather more worried about death at the hands of a carniverous insect than some virus. Just have this little thing about being horribly eaten alive by scarabs err, Ori bugs.

Also - they did a plague of sores, now a plague of locust-ish things... maybe the Nile will turn red next?

Also - they did a plague of sores' date=' now a plague of locust-ish things... maybe the Nile will turn red next?[/quote']

Now that's an interesting idea! I just watched The Abominable Dr. Phibes the other night (totally recommended by the way) so the ten biblical plagues of Egypt are fresh in my head. If this is the route the Ori will take, then we can expect along with sores and locusts, plagues of frogs, bats, rats, hail, blood, the beast, the first born, and darkness.

They developed a cure to the Prior plague in the mid-season finale.

You're right. They did. Sorry for the mistake! :cyclops: So the scarabs are really the new weapon of the Ori against the nonbelievers. The writers could have come up with something better. I hope some Ori ships show up quickly or this whole bug deal will get pretty boring.

They already have priors but from what I've seen the Ori are only fond of technology when they are able to directly control it or are absolutely certain of its outcome.

To be honest why don't the Ancients do the same? If the Ori 'bless' the priros with their power then why don't the Ancents? They are supposed to be wise enough to know the difference between having power and using it so why don't they pass their ower to a few volunteers and let them kick prior ass and then take it back after they're done.