A question about the jem hedars

superman9595

^^ The Jem Hadar have been the military fist of the Dominion for quite some time. Their fast production and loyalty made for quick reinforcements and large quantities.

A few did free themselves of White addiction but not nearly the vast majority. I'm sure Bashir could have come up with something in time but by then the war was over.

Plus I'd be willing to be aside from all current Jem Hadar that were alive, part of the peace the Federation made the Dominion agree too would be a clause stating "No more production of Jem Hadar soldiers is allowed".

Good to know people pay a lot of attention to the show.

The Jem'Hadar are genetically engineered to die without the white but their actual natural life span has never been established. Of course, it's hard to see why the Dominion would maintain a presence in the Alpha Quadrant after the war.

Good to know people pay a lot of attention to the show.

The Jem'Hadar are genetically engineered to die without the white but their actual natural life span has never been established. Of course, it's hard to see why the Dominion would maintain a presence in the Alpha Quadrant after the war.

I thought that their lifespan was determined in a DS9 episode (can't remember which one), granted that was their lifespan on Ketracel-White, but they have been radically engineered by the founders anyway that I don't think "natural lifetime" is applicable any more.

after the dominon war was over' date=' was the jem hedar free of ketrecel white. They don't need it anymore since the war is over.[/quote']

yeah thats gonna be a no. They are not freed from the drug. But an interestin gnote is that if the Founders where killed the Jem Hedar where programed to kill every thing... just a littel tid bit

When I say natural life-span I mean - not being killed in the line of duty. As you say, "natural" concerning a race as highly engineered as the Jem'Hadar (or the Vorta, for that matter) would be a misnomer.

The episode with the Iconian gateways... they say that for a Jem'Hadar to get to... 12? I forget it could have been more than that but that was an "elder". I think the implication is that probably no one knows the maximum possible lifespan of Jem'Hadar because they just die.

Nice titbit... but I'm assuming that the prohibition on the production of Jem'Hadar was just in Cardassian space? Ah well. Another decent enemy nerfed to hell.

memory alpah says

Most Jem'Hadar die young in battle and as such, it is rare for them to live past 15 years of age. Few ever live to the age of 20 and, those that did were considered "Honored Elders." No Jem'Hadar has ever lived to the age of 30. (DS9: "To the Death")

So either before 30 they die naturally or none have survived combat/battle/space travel to reach the age of 30.

The implication was that no Jem Hadar has ever lived past thirty because they all eventually die in combat. It's interesting to note that Jem Hadar become stronger, faster, and more intelligent as they age, which is why their rank structure has a lot to do with age (the first is usually the oldest). It was mentioned by the female founder in one of the last DS9 episodes that the Jem Hadar have been the Dominion's first line of defense for 10,000 years, so any idea that they were created to fight the Federation is way off. I'm not even going to address the question of being freed from their white dependence, since it has been answered like 10 times.

question. wasn't their an eps. in dp9 where the doc was on a planet where their was a group of Jem Hadar there and the Jem Hadar's #1 did not need the white. and the point of bringing the doc was for him to find out how to make the Jem Hadar not need the white. I never saw the end or the begining of that eps.so I don't know what happened. the point is if I'm right about this eps. then isn't it possible that if given the chance the Jem Hadar might develope a way to not need the white like the #1 from this eps.. sry I didn't use caracter names but I'm bad a spelling and I have a bad memory too.

question. wasn't their an eps. in dp9 where the doc was on a planet where their was a group of Jem Hadar there and the Jem Hadar's #1 did not need the white. and the point of bringing the doc was for him to find out how to make the Jem Hadar not need the white. I never saw the end or the begining of that eps.so I don't know what happened. the point is if I'm right about this eps. then isn't it possible that if given the chance the Jem Hadar might develope a way to not need the white like the #1 from this eps.. sry I didn't use caracter names but I'm bad a spelling and I have a bad memory too.

yeah, that Jem'hedar First didnt need the drug b/c there was probly some thing messed up with his DNA. He brought the Other Jem'hedar there b/c he thought that the planet fixed his problem and didnt even think that it could be his DNA. Well I wont ruin it for you, but the name of that eps is "hipocratic oath" i believe and it is rather good too I might add.