BBC: File sharing is legal

jhug666

Oh it won't take long before some overpowered American company (such as the MPAA or RIAA) lashes out aganist these statements the BBC has made. Ironically they can't do jack since the BBC are in an entirely different country ;o

Guest Mrthumps
Oh it won't take long before some overpowered American company (such as the MPAA or RIAA) lashes out aganist these statements the BBC has made. Ironically they can't do jack since the BBC are in an entirely different country ;o

Doesn't mean they wouldn't try every means available to pressure the BBC to fall in line.

Look what the mpaa/riaa is trying to do in places like Sweden, Finland and other European countires.

Given the fact that Blair fellates members of the Whitehouse at the drop of the hat, I wouldn't be surprised if he let the MPAA or RIAA do what they want here.

While I'm no anti-American type, I am sickened by both the endless capitulations of Blair for no reward (if Britain and America enjoy a "special" relationship, then I suppose spousal abuse is "special" too) and I'm also sick of American companies assuming that somehow American law can be forced on other countries. Quite frankly I'd like the EU to say "screw the MPAA/RIAA" if only to show that Europe is NOT subject to American law.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't try every means available to pressure the BBC to fall in line.

Look what the mpaa/riaa is trying to do in places like Sweden, Finland and other European countires.

That's all they can do is talk smack.

Think of the MPAA/RIAA as Ascended Beings (i know bad analogy). While unlike the Ori who do involve themselves in reality, these people know that in the end all they can do is show themselves to us and talk our ears off.

What are they going to do, really, get President Bush to cut off all ties with England? I really really doubt that. Impose trade embargos or various levies/taxes? Again I doubt it.

The most they can do is cry about it and then go home to cry in the corner.

Guest Mrthumps

Think of the MPAA/RIAA as Ascended Beings (i know bad analogy). While unlike the Ori who do involve themselves in reality, these people know that in the end all they can do is show themselves to us and talk our ears off.

What are they going to do, really, get President Bush to cut off all ties with England? I really really doubt that. Impose trade embargos or various levies/taxes? Again I doubt it.

I wouldn't be shocked if the MPAA/RIAA got some of "their" senators to put pressure on bush et company to do something about the european countries to fall in line.

It's not like Bush isn't against the idea of using the United states government and influence to help further himself and his cronies.

Look at the invasion and occupation of Iraq as an example.

That's never stopped American coampnies from doing it before ... Just remember how the US acquired hawii...

[

No, the most they can do is go over and buy up a lot of businesses and media. Then, they use that to influence the populace and politicians. Next thing you know, some Member of Parliment with a new summer home in the Bahamas introduces a few new ideas. Some more payoffs and suddenly the UK goes anti-filesharing.

One thing about multinational business is that they are MULTI-national. Money and influnce extend beyond the borders of just one country. While the MPAA can't attack and conquer the UK in a military sense. They don't have to, need to, or even want to. Just grease the right palms, open up a business or two and it becomes easy to get your way. Especially when the opposition doesn't throw any money against you.

Given the fact that Blair fellates members of the Whitehouse at the drop of the hat, I wouldn't be surprised if he let the MPAA or RIAA do what they want here.

While I'm no anti-American type, I am sickened by both the endless capitulations of Blair for no reward (if Britain and America enjoy a "special" relationship, then I suppose spousal abuse is "special" too) and I'm also sick of American companies assuming that somehow American law can be forced on other countries. Quite frankly I'd like the EU to say "screw the MPAA/RIAA" if only to show that Europe is NOT subject to American law.

I hear you and as an american who loves this country all i can say is *please stand by* as we are currently experiencing difficulties due to a shitty president and cabinet that is full of pussified retards.This is a great country but man oh man is it being flushed down the toilet...all of this in the name of fear.The guy who hit us is still walking around probably smoking opium in a cave and laughing his ass off just watching american civil liberties get stomped on all in the name of him.

Then we get thrown this colossal pile of horseshit about iraq and how its millions of unemployed,NATO sanctioned,starving people are a threat to us.

Well diebold and the 35% here who couldnt come up with a brain cell in a mind factory took control and this kind of shit is the result.

Corporations here are now absolutely unabashed about how they fuck people over and their attitude towards europe is just an extension of their thuggery here.Bush is 100% pro-corporate and almost every law concerning them just does not apply anymore.

I could go on the internet and show documents to the FCC about clearchannel violations of small stations franchise rights and they would absolutely ignore it.

Same across the board but this is the template--rape iraq for all its worth and if other corporations in other sectors can have fun while it lasts....they will and are.

I know P2P has been an issue for awhile but they werent seeing the real gains they are now.Favorable lawsuits,pitiful penalties(if any) for their own MULTI -TRILLION DOLLAR lawless behavior,no oversight..on and on....

This is a perfect time for them to try and act bold in regards to the internet but tthere one thing that stops them.ALWAYS.

That is the spirit of the internet.It was born of a desire militarily at first, to share and fragment data so that in case of catastrophic event,the world would not be communication-less and shut down due to centralization.That spirit has lived on and is something the MPAA and all the other corporate,mindless retards will never grasp and in its evolution by itsself is why they will never get what they want.There are over 29000 ports to choose from and every new protocol creates new possibilities to share files..

want to shut down P2P?Fine well go to usenet and ftp.Wanna shut that down?Fine well go to e-mail and proxy porting.Wanna battle that?Well go to encrypted VPN's where if you are even caught sniffing,YOU are fined and hassled.

And during all that time,watch your market share fall as more and more people get sick of your intrusive bullshit,stop buying a penny's worth of your product and actually spur new competitive enterprises that topple your empire of mirrors and dogshit with a fucking digital camcorder.Raise your movie rates,please do.

Maybe that way movie theatres will dump your effect driven fluff for homegrown movies that have substance and thought provoking merit.

Maybe that way shows like Firefly will last 10 seasons instead of one.

Maybe that way we will have more than the choice of 15 actors rotated on a per film basis who i wouldnt talk to in real life if they were GIVING ME MONEY.(Hint:see gene roddenberry and star trek for how to cast something)

So keep it up but SEE:this forums poll you fucking whiteknuckle scumbags...the more you try to fight filesharing,the more you will create competition for yourselves.

Welcome to the "New World Order" where the the RIAA & MPAA have more power then the CIA & NSA because we have lost the "War On Terror" & all our freedoms & rights have been erroded away & big corparations dictate to the govenments & call all the shots all in the name of it's share holders & frack every body else all in the name of thier god "Money"