Battlestar Galactica 2x19

Mav

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheif thinks he's a Cylon so he goes to talk to a local priest who happens to be Al from Quantum Leap, nice stuff. Really. Loved it. (but come on you know you were waiting for Sam to pop up at anymoment ;p)

(

oh you TV sci-fi guys. That's Dean Stockwell, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/ and at least you should have said, "oh my god, that's Ben from Blue Velvet, this is gonna get weird...." He is one of the coolest character actors in Hollywood and with him in the BSG cast, well, here's to Ben.

The Chief's story was a great psychoanalytic parallel to the whole fleet; paranoia, the fracturing of identity, fear of loss of one's humanity. People are getting ever more desperate, suicidal, and violent. That is why the big sympathy for a settlement on the faux Earth (no way its real, they would have mentiond the correct constellations). Expect that nuke to get used on the Pegasus where at least one more cylon is hiding.

certainly don't think the planet is earth, i think they're just being lazy on the picturing of the delta.

I think sleeper software in Sharon might have reprogrammed the jump incorrectly, without her even realising.

I think Baltar will win the election, and within a couple of episodes of s3 we'll find cylons attack the world and drive the convoy on, with a new leader at the helm, Baltar. I think Roslyn will continue to exists, and will become more active in the nurturing of Hera, who might start doing odd things from a young age.

Anders is a cylon ;) why not, they haven't a buff male variant yet. The Chief isn't. Callie gets lots of dental treatment to fix her face (she said in the reporter issue she only joined the military to pay for dental school, now the military is puttign her right back in there)

Pegasus will get destroyed protecting the fleet early in s3 as the fleet evac's and escapes from the newly discovered world.

Just my random musings.

Loving BSG, loving it longtime.

Anders can't be a cylon otherwise 3 would not have attacked him because she would know he is a cylon model.

certainly don't think the planet is earth, i think they're just being lazy on the picturing of the delta.

I think sleeper software in Sharon might have reprogrammed the jump incorrectly, without her even realising.

I think Baltar will win the election, and within a couple of episodes of s3 we'll find cylons attack the world and drive the convoy on, with a new leader at the helm, Baltar. I think Roslyn will continue to exists, and will become more active in the nurturing of Hera, who might start doing odd things from a young age.

Anders is a cylon ;) why not, they haven't a buff male variant yet. The Chief isn't. Callie gets lots of dental treatment to fix her face (she said in the reporter issue she only joined the military to pay for dental school, now the military is puttign her right back in there)

Pegasus will get destroyed protecting the fleet early in s3 as the fleet evac's and escapes from the newly discovered world.

Just my random musings.

Loving BSG, loving it longtime.

Anders can't be a cylon otherwise 3 would not have attacked him because she would know he is a cylon model.

Ah but i think tahst part of the issue, test the faith of 6 and 8 models, whilst also reassurring anders himself that he's not a cylon. Thus he goes back to the fleet with this incredible story, and baltar learns his original 6 is alive, and chief learns his original sharon is also alive. Anders gets planeted as another of theses 'true love' companions and has a go with starbuck.

well' date=' it surely wasnt earth - they mention that the planet is hidden/shielded by nebula (some hope that cylons wont find it becose of that), so earth is out of the game.[/quote']

unless Earth's solar system is different in BSG then there should be no nebula there. A sun' date=' a moon, and other planets orbiting the sun yes...[/quote']

Maybe it's earth, but just about 10 billion years in Earths past? No where is it mentioned that this is all taking place in our present time.

and also, if it is 40 years after original bsg (didnt they say that in the pilot?) then it cant be 10 billion years in the past or future - but cca 40 years after they were on earth in galactica 1980.

what do you think - is this about right?

Spoilers Below

The preview for next week's episode, 2x20 Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2 is up on Scifi.com

When Baltar wins the vote' date=' Rosalyn considers stealing the election because she believes he is a Cylon collaborator.[/quote']

Good episode, but I find hard to believe that Adama would authorize Starbuck's rescue mission in the first place. It doesn't add up. And how about those raptors' FTL drives?! Damn, those things are better than warp drive. Picard should get one. It seems the only limitation to the so called "jumps" is the ability to calculate the destination coordinates.

Another thing that bothers me about this episode is that the incredibly naive Colonials, apparently, don't even suspect that pissed off Sharon intentionally sent the raptor to that planet. Regarding the planet itself, I don't think it's Earth, but who knows?

Finally, except for Dean Stockwell, I must say I didn't like the Chief plot either. Indeed, suicide seems to be a very contagious disease on the Colonial Fleet these days... :rolleyes:

and also, if it is 40 years after original bsg (didnt they say that in the pilot?) then it cant be 10 billion years in the past or future - but cca 40 years after they were on earth in galactica 1980.

what do you think - is this about right?

Nope, not right at all- this series has little connection to the original. It's been 40 or 50 years since the last war in which the Cylons were pushed away- not 40 years since the last t.v. show.

The preview for next week's episode' date=' 2x20 Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2 is up on Scifi.com[/quote']

I read the 2x19 for a reason and that is the current ep, Im flexible and dont mind speculations if someone bring them up. But why Mav did you have to do that 2x20 spoiler in 2x19 - and without spoiler tags mind you?! It would be better if you even made a 2x20 thread or something.

Just great.. :thinking: Thank you for this nice surprise. :(

The preview for next week's episode' date=' 2x20 Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2 is up on Scifi.com[/quote']

I read the 2x19 for a reason and that is the current ep, Im flexible and dont mind speculations if someone bring them up. But why Mav did you have to do that 2x20 spoiler in 2x19 - and without spoiler tags mind you?! It would be better if you even made a 2x20 thread or something.

Just great.. :thinking: Thank you for this nice surprise. :(

um..are you crazy mateya?

Notice that post refering to the 2x20 preview was never edited by me or anyone else, so it's the original post as I made it.

With that in mind, did you notice the HUGE text that says "Spoilers Below"? I can't do much more than make an animated gif of a neon flashing sign ;o

Besides we don't do episode discussion threads in advance, or at least we haven't so far.

Notice that post refering to the 2x20 preview was never edited by me or anyone else, so it's the original post as I made it.

With that in mind, did you notice the HUGE text that says "Spoilers Below"? I can't do much more than make an animated gif of a neon flashing sign ;o

so I am crazy now for saying that using spoiler tags is a good idea (since we have them)? you know, if I want to read any posts after yours I have to scroll down and by doing that I actually see your post.

Besides we don't do episode discussion threads in advance, or at least we haven't so far.

that is not a bad idea, maybe we should, I saw that on other forums and they seem well visited.

so I am crazy now for saying that using spoiler tags is a good idea (since we have them)? you know, if I want to read any posts after yours I have to scroll down and by doing that I actually see your post.

that is not a bad idea, maybe we should, I saw that on other forums and they seem well visited.

By crazy I mean the error is your own fault. If you see a HUGE display saying there are spoilers below, then if you scroll down to read what that specific post says it's your fault. Granted I could use spoiler tags, but it's often more effect to get peoples attention (those who want spoilers) to use large text.

If you see a huge neon sign that says "Your Home Town - Next Exit" on the highway do you just ignore it then get mad at the highway designers when you pass that turn off and weren't informed in the manner you prefer? Same thing here. I even made sure to bold large size the text...Next time I'll create an animated gif that flashes in all colors "Spoilers Are Below Read at Your Own Risk" and have it loop indefinitely. If that doesn't get peoples attention to the fact some story spoilers are coming up, nothing will.

By crazy I mean the error is your own fault.

of course, writing Baltar wins the vote in bold letters is my fault entirely, becose just posting a link to sci-fi is not enough. next time I should just close my eyes when I see "spoiler" and use my amazing telepathic skillz to know when your post will end and a new one starts.

I still belive that starting a new thread before hand is a good idea. if you have spoilers for new ep why not - after all, spoiler is a part of it too.

cmon you guy whats done is done...

even though i don't care who wins...

its pretty hard of us adicts not to take a quick peak...

i mean if it was in a seperate thread i wouldn't have looked... like i do every sat&sun before i get to see the latest ep!!

its a bit harder when its on the next line....

so be simpathetic for use addtics we're all not that strong... :(