Battlestar Galactica 2x20

Mav

I really don't think the Cylons knew all along where the colonists had gone, as for everything else: I am stumped. The idea of taking the show one year into the future is a total departure from anything I've ever seen in sci-fi, hence my reasoning behind the idea of a dream sequence.

Maybe these Cylons are different from all the rest, like a resistence faction, and they are going to help the colonists. i really didn't hear them threaten the new colony, not directly?Maybe Baltar was jumping the gun by surrendering, maybe thats not what they wanted, we know that the #6 is in love with Baltar, so I really don't know. How the heck would galactica and Pegasus be able to return and defend the new colony? They can't. SO WHATS GOING ON?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wana say i was right about the morse code in the 2x19 thred... lol ;p :p

man .. the made al a cylon ::(

seriously this ep rocked big time.. can't wait for the next season......

maybe since the fleet is under staffed they'd have to decide which ship to full staff???

on a side note i like starbuck with long hair.......

from afar looked like a cross between 6 & 8 :cyclops: :p B)

i don't & hope it wasn't all a dream... i recon they did this because they needed some more material to write about ... instead of running all the time......

The idea of taking the show one year into the future is a total departure from anything I've ever seen in sci-fi, hence my reasoning behind the idea of a dream sequence.

Yeah - I remember an episode of sg-1 I was watching with some friends and Daniel gets all the knowledge to build a defence system for Earth and a couple of minutes into that, I basically said "yeah, this is a dream." Because it represented a fundamental change to the status quo.

I think it goes without saying that BSG is probably one of the more innovative sci-fi shows and I think that Ronald D. Moore wouldn't jerk viewers around by making this all a dream.

Maybe these Cylons are different from all the rest, like a resistence faction, and they are going to help the colonists.

It's all but said that the Six was the war hero... by implication, the eight probably was too.

As to what's up with the Cylons... I don't think they've given up God... I think there probably is still some overarching plan. There is clear contradiction in what happens. Al says they've decided to give up the pursuit of the fleet - then they come a knocking.

It's all but said that the Six was the war hero... by implication, the eight probably was too.

As to what's up with the Cylons... I don't think they've given up God... I think there probably is still some overarching plan. There is clear contradiction in what happens. Al says they've decided to give up the pursuit of the fleet - then they come a knocking.

The cylon in the suit definetly refers to both the 6 and 8 as war heroes, I remember that from the previous ep. where the two killed that other female Cylon and helped save Starbucks botfriend.

As for the other comment made by Al, maybe the Cylons got mad at the fact thecolonials tossed him out the airlock, if indeed they even did or even knew about it. One thing is clear: The 6 and 8 models are in love so to speak with Baltar and the chief, I think were going to see that become a major factor that led the Cylons to pursue the fleet. What I want to happen is for a resistance to spring up and the colonials realizing the error of their ways and putting President Roslyn back in power, or something like that. Should all be very interesting.

Roslyn becomes a schoolteacher, so she can be close to the baby, be there to see it develop, and educate it to ensure there is nothing wrong with its development.

If galactica-8-sharon valerii is amongst that gang of three, she might be pretty pissed off that a certain chief has knocked up the deckcrew girl who shot her dead.

How difficult it'll be for a colaborator president to maintain his old relationship with an occupying caprica-6.

Anders, assuming they don't just kill him off to break starbucks heart, can never meet the Lucy Lawless reporter, or in fact see her on any broadcast or he'll recognise her as a Cylon. The fleet still doesn't know about this model 3 yet.

Still within the fleet there should be 6 more cylon agents we're yet to unearth.

Remember, the Pegasus found the Galactica by following the cylon fleet ... which was conveniently following the Galactica. The conclusion is obvious... the cylons have ALWAYS known where the fleet was. How they act on that information is what has changed as they experiment.

Up until the descruction of the resurrection ship this is correct, but in final cut we heard that the cylon agnets relayed the video feed and assocaited informations through radiers back to the fleet. So they might know ballpark where they are, but unless they get a signal form the sleepers not know for certain.

Those writers are funny! Anyone else remember this line?

Chief: How do you know I'm not a cylon?

Priest (Stockwell): Because I'm a cylon and I don't remember seeing you at any of the meetings.

The scene where there appears two priest models, where one states 'The is no God, not ours or yours' and the other says, 'we kept telling them this' referring to the other 11 models. I found it most amusings that the Cylons create a Priest model, and it doesn't believe in God.

Excellent scene.

The scene where there appears two priest models, where one states 'The is no God, not ours or yours' and the other says, 'we kept telling them this' referring to the other 11 models. I found it most amusings that the Cylons create a Priest model, and it doesn't believe in God.

Excellent scene.

Cylons are machines/computers and everything has to be based on logic and common sense. ;)

Excellent scene.

Cylons are machines/computers and everything has to be based on logic and common sense. ;)

The skinjob models can (sometimes) breed with humans so they aren't exactly machines any more. :cyclops: They appear to be more biological androids than machines. Nothing in the series exactly explains what they are as everyone keeps referring to them as just "machines". The bodies are mass produced but they feel, bleed, eat, think a lot like people. SO, why not a priest that isn't religious? I found it humorous as well.

The skinjob models can (sometimes) breed with humans so they aren't exactly machines any more. :cyclops: They appear to be more biological androids than machines. Nothing in the series exactly explains what they are as everyone keeps referring to them as just "machines". The bodies are mass produced but they feel' date=' bleed, eat, think a lot like people. SO, why not a priest that isn't religious? I found it humorous as well.[/quote']

My definition of a cylon makes IT a machine (programmed), else it would NOT be a cylon.

I'd bet a strip of gold-pressed latinum the baby is a cylon-human cross (a unprogrammed cylon) and will clear this mess up once and for all.

It's great that the writes keep coming back to the 1978 series all the time. :D

Now that Baltar is a collaborator I wonder how long it will take, before people turns against him.

I only wish (hope) that the writes don't use anything from the 1980 series.

Flying motorbikes brings up some awful memories... :(

Once again the writers have proven their creative skills. Very nice transition from when Baltar becomes president to "one year later". I must say this episode blew me away. The Cylones have proven to be as sneaky as ever. Baltar once again contributes to Cylon victory and the good guys are on the defense. October can't come soon enough.

Have a good summer everyone. Over and out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Quote Priest "I am a Cylon and I didn't see u in any meetings" That was the funniest line in the show for me, even better when I realized he's a Cylon too :)

But something about Baltar, you can't get get bigger screw up than him

First thanks to him Almost whole human race is annihilated

Then thanks to his awsome idea 10 thousand people die

Then because of the nuke that he gave away the remainder of civilization is found and might b finished off

Why does this guy just not kill himself ? U can't get bigger guilt than that. If he will b present in season 3 this will b just plain stupid.

One more thing, Starbucks boyfriend, whatever his name is. He overheard if I'm not mistaken that Baltar was in love with a Cylon, and Sharon with Chief, why didn't he mention anything to Starbuks ? It's a goddamn president and he doesn't seem to maybe remember the name ?

Or was he unconcious at that time ?