Morality question

Guest c4evap

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the circumstances I think you should keep them. We all get screwed around enough in life by others mistakes, you might as well benefit from this one.

If it were an individual selling his personal stash I would return it. But it is a large group with heaps, and to whom the mistake wont make a difference.

If they had been really friendly to you, despite cancelling the order I would return it, to reward the excellent customer service. But they were snooty jerks who have shown they dont care about you.

Go ahead and keep it, and enjoy it.

edit: LOL, there is a google ad for albert einstein action figures! they're all the rage apparently ;) maybe he could get together with barbie to teach kids science is hip ;)

Guest c4evap

Thank you all so very much for your input. I must confess I am still struggling with this.

Yes - he was snotty (I have been guilty of that myself).

Yes - he prolly has tons of these Chinese releases on hand.

Yes - he hasn't bothered to check his inventory for mistakes.

I will make my decision in the next few days...thanks again.

c4 :thinking:

Thank you all so very much for your input. I must confess I am still struggling with this.

Yes - he was snotty (I have been guilty of that myself).

Yes - he prolly has tons of these Chinese releases on hand.

Yes - he hasn't bothered to check his inventory for mistakes.

I will make my decision in the next few days...thanks again.

oh if this is one of thoes Chinese releases keep it. thoes are cheap. he probly burned them.

In my opinion, you've done nothing wrong so far. Now, it's up to the seller to contact you. If that doesn't happen in two or three months, I'd accept the item as a donation. Probably, the return procedure is more expensive than the DVDs. Besides, I suspect things will get more messed up if you contact the seller. Let he/she realize what happened first.

Guest c4evap
oh if this is one of thoes Chinese releases keep it. thoes are cheap. he probly burned them.

Yes. It is a Chinese release. The seller is located in the USA. The DVDs were shipped from China.

Guest c4evap

It was credited back to my account. I even called my credit card company and asked. They said the credit was received. Paypal also confirmed this.

EDIT: Even the cost of postage was refunded.

Guest c4evap

Indeed Annika. As the two naked people in the hot tub said - there's the rub!

I said eariler I wasn't looking for justification...I suppose I am after all.

I have decided to contact the seller with this one provision: if he fails to respond I will not contact him again and I will keep the item.

Thanks everyone for your valuable and thoughtful input.

c4 :)

look into my eyes.....

you are feeling sleepy...

very sleepy...

when i click my fingers you will awake not knowing what has just happened...

ok, you would, without relising mistype the sellers email address to an erronius correct one,

thus not reciving the relpy, enabling you keep these dvds with a clear concious....

also beware of the pink elephants,, theyre comming to get yoooouuuu!...

click!

;)

As the items were coming from China, probably the shipment was already on the way when payment was stopped. Hard to fault the seller at that point. However, if they never bother her again over this sale, she can watch them all she wants to. B)

Edit:

oops, didn't see the part about the seller being in the US. Still, the shipment could already have been on the way when cancelled.

I wouldn't ship till I had money in my account' date=' personally.[/quote']

Your bank account or PayPal account? As a seller, I've shipped many things after payment was in my PayPal account. Fast replies and service are important in sales. It does leave sellers with a problem if they get a cancellation/refund request in the middle of shipping. That's where communication and good will come in. That snotty contact person could have ruined the entire sale, right there if c4evap hadn't already decided she had no interest in it.

Let's say you purchase something over the net. You pay by credit card but then decide (for whatever reason) you no longer want/need the item. So, you cancel the order and your money is credited back to your card. A few days later the order shows up in the mail. You check your credit card again and sure enough the money was credited back to you. You wait a few days but do not get an email about the mistake. In fact, you hear nothing more about it.

What would you do now? Keep the item? Or contact the seller?

...jus wonderin'...

I've had this happen a ton of times because I make alot of online purchases. I'd definitely call the seller because you don't want to ruin your buying/selling relationship with the person or vendor.

Hell, sometimes the stuff comes late or not at all and I get automatic refunds and I get the stuff anyway with an apology from the person, etc. So it's always good to get that kind of relationship going with people or online vendors.

Then again, most vendors and sellers do not allow cancellation after the product has been shipped. So I never cancel after shipping :P

you know what, just keep 'em. you dont need to justify anything, and you dont need to feel bad. This dude was a dick to you, he probly scames the hell out of ppl by selling Chinese stuff and makes more than he should, he probly wont notice the diffrence weather you paid him or not. If he truly cared he would have checked his pocket book to see if he got the money, but instead he was a cocky littel bastard and he just ASSUMED that all was well.

So watch them, enjoy them, then upload them ;)