What was his name?

motoxjesse

I'm stretching my memory here, but I think the 6th or 7th Doctor himself has said his real name is too hard/long for humans to pronounce.

I don't remember that. I think your remembering wrong, but if you remember what episode it was from let me know.

Someone just told me that the Doctor first said that his name was too long to pronounce in "The Enemy of the World" (Second Doctor, Season five).

• 4 weeks later...

Gee. Did I stir up a h0ornets nest...

BTW, StitchInTime, one name left out of that list you posted was one from Eccleston. He said the Dalek legend referred to him as (can't quite remember the exact words here, someone can check) The Oncoming Storm.

BTW' date=' StitchInTime, one name left out of that list you posted was one from Eccleston. He said the Dalek legend referred to him as (can't quite remember the exact words here, someone can check) The Oncoming Storm.[/quote']

As per RSAntilles, Ka Faraq Gatri = The Oncoming Storm in Dalek-speak, and it was on the list I gave.

... so' date=' does that mean that ALL the Time Lord names given in the series are aliases, given that Time Lord names tend to be too complicated to say?[/quote']

I don't think he said that applied to all Time Lord names, and, for example, I think Romana's full name is probably the real deal.

• 3 weeks later...
apart from that even members of his own family (his cousins as they're called) call him Doctor check out Lungbarrow on the bbc website (apparently that one has become cannon because it explains how he gets given the mission to take the masters remains) however that story reveals he was in a previous life (the doctor being a genetic reincarnation) The Other' date=' a mysterious figure in the history of gallifrey who helped both ras and omega in thier experiments giving them clues and hints guiding them[/b'].

That was an expansion on what Cartmel was hinting at in the final McCoy seasons, wasn't it?

If only...

• 6 months later...

I think I got another that can be added under the section "Names given to him by others"

The Lonely God ;) (Well the face of Boe seemed to think he was the right guy to talk to - just not yet)

And wasn't there another one mentioned in his (second) trial on Galifrey ? (or am I thinking Theta Sigma there ?)

:)

• 1 month later...

Well maybe its just for timelords that wish to be pragmatic.

I mean you 'The Doctor' but at the same time you also have another time lord 'The Master'

I just wonder when they are going to think about the problem of limited regeneration - since the good Doctor is getting ever closer