I dont understand donation money cant be used for lawsuit?

katerina

That's really dumb. So mpaa says nite cant use donation money for lawsuit purposes. But he can use it for other things like buying groceries for his family?

Here's a novel idea maybe mpaa can team-up with the Feds and issue him a foodstamp card so they know. Can nite use donation funds on ebay buy gold coins and flip them so no one really knows where the cash came from?

Im lost on this one :(

I'll reiterate what I've said before, that clause is only in the proposed settlement that I HAVE NOT accepted. Even IF I were to accept it, it would only apply to donations received after the settlement was signed (and I'm not saying that I'm GOING to accept it).

I'll reiterate what I've said before' date=' that clause is only in the proposed settlement that I HAVE NOT accepted. Even IF I were to accept it, it would only apply to donations received after the settlement was signed (and I'm not saying that I'm GOING to accept it).[/quote']

Tell them "go to hell" you tried to be decent about it. Team up with Gary(isohunt) AND TORRENTSPY. Get a server outside of DMCA territory. The donations will come rolling in. Even with the lawsuit the publicity you will get for being a hero in the community will be incredible.

Everyone loves you nite.

Maybe that would work in TV land, but he cant do that, he has a responsibility to his family, and as a father he has more important concerns, thats not to say tho, that he doesnt want to stick it to the "man", but rather that he cant.

He is doing the right thing, and should have our full support

Maybe that would work in TV land, but he cant do that, he has a responsibility to his family, and as a father he has more important concerns, thats not to say tho, that he doesnt want to stick it to the "man", but rather that he cant.

He is doing the right thing, and should have our full support

The mpaa isnt measuring up, and will drag there feet and make nites life miserable anyway. That's why im suggesting to go the other route. He doesnt have to show up in court all the time if he teams up with the others. Enough money can be raised so nite can make some money for the work he does in regard to the lawsuit. The fact is the law needs to be tested whatever the cost! The mpaa is wrong and they know it this is why dragging there feet is SOP for them. What they want to do is exhaust there victims until they surrender.

I say fight them to the death!

If night decides to fight i'll cancel my Blockbuster mail service and give the money to him every month, and just download more. I miss the niteshadow torrent site bigtime and would gladly pay to see it back up and operational.

I hear wat yer saying, but one must choose their battles wisely, there is no battle that must be won at any cost, esspecially not for the cost to others AKA his daughter. there isnt a person who would dissagree (accept maybe you) that any risk to his family/daughter is to great of a risk. Pleas dont get me wrong, im not trying to belittle you, i know the frustration you feel towards the MPAA and other giants. But there is a time to fight and a time to think, this is a thinking time, noo need to rush into battle here, do you agree?

Nite- about the way the MPAA's ettlement is worded. Does it provent you from using any sort of donations for the settelmet, or just those from niteshdw and or a P2P website? I was just thinking that is the restriction is to donations to the niteshdw website, you coul set up some sort of alternate way to accept money to help with the lawsuit.

Yeah' date=' donate before I sign anything (IF I sign anything) [/quote']

rofl, i get paid on the 8th. ill give you all I can on that day

Im all in if you decide to take the gloves off and give the mpaa a well deserved black eye! So the mpaa wants to get all into Nites personal finances....what bullshit!!! Come up with a figure and no stipulations and maybe he'll settle. Keep pushing him into a corner and instead of a little mouse, a Siberian Tiger rears it's head...

Standard tactic is give you the broadside and circle round for another pass - an and if a settlement is reached it, like a sailing ship and usually whittled down by this point

$10,000 with a hypothetical cap of $50,000 seems hardly worth the effort - seems to me you have been put in the ROLL OVER category - they know you haven’t enough cannon balls to wage war so you MAKE PEACE

They are risking some pretty bad backfire – Super Size-Me resulted from a law suit filled against protesters in London carrying placards like Mc Salty and Mc Heart Disease (judge made a split decision most of the placards were within the realm of reason – some others were a bit over the top)… not sure who paid costs but all this salad menu crap originates from this case

Why are they squeezing so hard? - Sci-Fi fans are a force to be reckoned with; they renamed a shuttle for goodness sakes.....

The whole mess defies logic…

Standard tactic is give you the broadside and circle round for another pass - an and if a settlement is reached it, like a sailing ship and usually whittled down by this point

$10,000 with a hypothetical cap of $50,000 seems hardly worth the effort - seems to me you have been put in the ROLL OVER category - they know you haven’t enough cannon balls to wage war so you MAKE PEACE

They are risking some pretty bad backfire – Super Size-Me resulted from a law suit filled against protesters in London carrying placards like Mc Salty and Mc Heart Disease (judge made a split decision most of the placards were within the realm of reason – some others were a bit over the top)… not sure who paid costs but all this salad menu crap originates from this case

Why are they squeezing so hard? - Sci-Fi fans are a force to be reckoned with; they renamed a shuttle for goodness sakes.....

The whole mess defies logic…

Damn right it does! Scifi fans ARE the industry! Maybe some people dont realize it but the mpaa sure does that's why they attacked Niteshadow. There's plenty of other BIGGER sites but they chose his instead. The problem is that they dont realize how well loved not only the site but Niteshadow is. So they better be real careful on this one, because many of us here will stand with him financially if they keep up with there petty bullshit! Im all ready to cancel a subscription and start downloading more. The reason I joined Blockbuster mail service was to ease up on the piracy in an effort to play fair. A tracker site like niteshadow serves a real purpose because there's many movies and TV shows you just cant get from the rental services.