Best Trek Series?

Tenebrae

It's been a while since anyone asked and I know that many of us rewatch Star Trek episodes.

Rewatching season 2 of Voyager has really changed my opinion. Even more treknobabble and nonsense than I remembered. Today - the backward aging aliens!

Anyway, my vote is for DS9.

im suprised enterprise even got a vote, i guess there are a few good episodes

i dont know how you slam Ent so hard, it lasted for 4 years at the end of the day, and i loved it, i acually shadded some tears when it got axed... both times! i just love ST!

dude there no question DS9 rocked!!!!!!!

but for just watching an ep at a time VOY does well too!!!

abit dissapionted you put tos on the list you should know by now that is soooo high on the pedistoll it isn't worth askin' if its the best!!!! so i as prob many other automatically ignor that option...

:)

im suprised enterprise even got a vote, i guess there are a few good episodes

i dont know how you slam Ent so hard, it lasted for 4 years at the end of the day, and i loved it, i acually shadded some tears when it got axed... both times! i just love ST!

wat am i the guy to hate if your a enterprise fan now? lol

im sory, ok im going to watch all episodes of enterpries as soon as i get them(whenever that will be, kinda hard to find), and then i will give my honest opinion, and even if there ARE a handfull of episodes that i like or more, i will give it my full support, ok :)

Enterprise was a good series - Season 3 was better than many of the other Trek seasons - but i certainly wouldn't say it was the best.

1. DS9

2. TNG

3. VOY

4. ENT

5. TOS

Voyager was close behind TNG... :rolleyes:

I used to be a huge voyager fan, but since i met my partner, who was really into ds9, we decided to watch the series togeher and that changed my opinion, DS9 rules!!!! its just brillient, now second by both TNG and VOY, cos i think it was the best arch of shows, it was a real window into another universe for over a decade.

One more thing, it was downloading season 1 and 2 that lead me to go out and spend over £350 on the dvd's. now i own every almost every episode on dvd, and im only 19.

• 3 weeks later...

A few months ago it would have been TNG. But that was before I saw all seven seasons of DS9. What TNG lacks when compared to DS9 is, in my opinion the continuation. TNG never had a big story like the Dominion war in DS9 which lasted for many seasons. Most of the TNG episodes too independent and had only small things reminding of the past episodes.

TOS is just so clumsy, that sometimes it just looks like some bad parody show.

TNG was definitely the most consistently guilty of lack of continuity - at least in terms of overarching plot.

That said, a lot of its staple episode types - holodeck troubles mainly - were implemented periodically throughout DS9 and VOY. Even DS9 could take time out from the war for stuff.

I dunno really at the moment, VOY used to be my favourite but i've watched VOY soooo much i've gone off it, im kinda into TOS at the moment, if you minus the cheesyness and 60's lingo that crops up every now and again, it makes for really good sci fi, as for TNG I watch it but the lack of a continuing storyline means to identify series you have to look at fidly details like uniform etc. I had a DS9 thing a while back when i got a hold of about 30 videos from all the seaons (i think) mostly seasons 1 and 7 and i must say the storyline is so much better later on although i have mixed feelings about the finale. ENT lol i remember seeing the adverts for it after VOY on sky one and i thought "wow they could eventually tie up all those loose ends left by TOS like the romuan was, why klingons looked human and so forth" but form the start i knew something wasn't right with it, sure we had some good episodes through seasons 1 and 2 but i felt it grew tired very quickly and season 3 don't get me started on season 3 i thought "oh its just called Enterprise, no star trek part so i wount treat it as canon" but what do they do in season 3 they rename the series to ST ENT and i know from the amount of ST ive watched that ENT season 3 was like watching paint dry, on the other hand season 4 i thought was ENTs best season to date, it eventaully started answering questions posed by TOS e.g. the eugenics war and how it subsiquently linked to the klingons. lol i hope you've enjoyed my little rant but i really needed to get that off my chest

oddly enough i just started watching DS9 last night, the plot seems okay so far but cisco is a terrible actor! i hope he gets better later in the series. Voyager always was and always will be my fave series, just cause TNG sometimes felt a lot like TOS. enterprise was good, till season 4, so that one is out, and TOS ... well ya.