thanks for making me feel like.....

bones2097

SH!T!!!!

sov the tart!!

Look man, not to rain on anyones parade or anything, but none of us are really all that importiant. The only member I've ever heard of anybody actually missing is elderbear. Even when Andreas / Soulreaper (one of the forum's other heavies) took off for like 3 months, nobody mentioned him once that I was aware of.

If msg4real went away, nobody would notice. If bones2097 left, no one would notice. If GhostShadow went away, nobody would notice. If S0V13T was to leave and never come back, nobody would notice OR cry over it.

Besides the couple of people on IRC that genuinely dislike you for their own reasons, the vast vast vast majority of the members see you as a 13 year old kid that can't type worth a damn, needs his Ritilin dosage upped, probabally lives in Belaruse or something, and is desperatelly in need of any kind of attention.

When things don't go your way what do you do? You spam the chat, and you flood everyone that you can get a hold of with PM's in the forum, and in IRC and generally act like a troll, script kiddie, and a genuine nusance. You may be able to fool a few people here in the forums that your an innocent victim of circumstance / mod abuse, but do you think that anyone that frequents both IRC and the forums is going to listen to your emo bull stuff? You've been warned, kicked and temp banned SO many times from the IRC channel, that there's probabally no chance in hell that you're comming back. I've even went as far as to involve the Rizon administration to see about a server wide ban for all your ban evasions.

Speaking as a working class family man, I don't wanna be friends with a kid that goes into a channel, and spends 45 mins at a time flooding the main chat with random garbage directed at a bot, while there may be actual conversations going on, and dosen't listen to the guys with @'s and %'s. Simple as that.

Operators are there largely to play the role of a bouncer in a bar. If someone gets out of line, or gets disruptive, then we tell them to stop. If they ignore the warnings, or don't get the idea after a few kicks, then we ban them. Simple as that.

I want to be friends with people that have opinions on things. People that are smarter / more experienced / different then me, so I can pick some more experience points, and max out my INT rating.

nice to know the mods don't have to adhere to the posting rules.. number five to be most specific!!!

my main beef here is the list of names used i wouldn't have minded if there was a pattern like naming the ppl who last posted in reverse order but it seems that sov picked on the newer members & prob ppl who don't use mirc anyone he doesn't know .....

nice to know i've been wasting my time?? wot the point of a form if you don't give ppl a chance (i'm not talking about msg4real btw)

i like to add i'm new to taking part in fourms & have only started in the last 3 months.. wots worse is that he locked the thread after that!!!!!

wtf this thread was in M E spaceport too so again wtf!!

sov if english isn't your first language & you post somthing that may seem offensive.. then don't post!!! even if its your first!! :p

*smacking sov across the head!!*

dude i can go on but i cant be arsed.....

bones,

I wouldn't take what S0V typed personally. I think they were just rather random names he plucked out of the air that were in that thread to use as an example. I'm sure he didn't mean anything personal by it. He could easily have replaced my name for yours, for example. It wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest.

I think you are reading it wrong.

Alright first of all, I have no idea why you're so pissed off about that. I could see this kind of reaction if I said something directelly about you, and explicetedly suggested that you left. But no, I havn't. I have no problem with you, or 99.999% of the rest of the forum members. Believe me, if I was going to insult someone, it would be crystal clear, and not based on someting like that.

I think the general complaint that you have, is that I'm saying "that if member X leaves, then it's no big deal.", and I listed off a couple of random people that posted above me in that thread, and one of them happened to be you. You'll notice that I ALSO mentioned that if I (S0V13T) left, that no one would care. Well, it's true. I'd expect maybe one person to say "Hey, where did s0v go?' after like 6 months, and thats about it. No parades, no 21 gun salute, no emails, no nuthin'.

The thread was locked, becuase this isn't myspace.com, or a geocities emo blog. If people want to whine, complain, or try to get others to feel sorry for them, despite the facts that they brought on negitive opinions from the community themselves.. these forums are NOT the place to do it.

I think that you should go and read that entire thread, in proper context again, before you choose to freak out.

By special request:

On a cosmic scale, it also dosent matter if GeneralLee, Beawulf or Fenriswolf were to leave the community. People might mention them from time to time, wonder what they're doing these days, and that's about it.

Moderation: Moved to Mirror Universe

Like an army, a forum is composed of replacable parts. Some individuals may be more important than others but ultimately, no one in the community is some fundamental lynch pin that is going to make the site collapse by their departure. Reading that quote I thought there might have been some slight - but as it was S0V13T that posted it and he mentioned himself, it's obvious from the context that he was just making an example of the capricious nature of internet forums.

I think we probably WOULD miss msg4real though - I'm fairly sure were he to stop posting there would be a tangible rise in the quality of spelling, grammar and the general usage of the English language... though, the average would still be somewhat wanting.

ah man, you guys wouldnt miss me and my contaversal issues? Kinda depressing ;)

Yeah, I dont really care, I already had my brawl with the MODs and I am over it, sorta. I do wake up in the middle of the nite in a pool of sweat after my nite terrors of what the MOD's said to me tough.

but there is no sense in complaining. SOV is next in line to take over, I gotta stay on his happy side ;)

oh, and I just want to say that I would miss c4 ;) but plz dont leave us, you are the only cool MOD.

EDIT: wait, sov.. you dont like me? That is a shame, I really like you. I am honored that I am such a pain in the ars to you that you would remember ME personaly and put my name, ;) thanks. three cheers.

By special request:

On a cosmic scale, it also dosent matter if GeneralLee, Beawulf or Fenriswolf were to leave the community. People might mention them from time to time, wonder what they're doing these days, and that's about it.

We'd miss them :( While the community would "live on", it wouldn't really be the same without the same old people around as are now. It just wouldn't be nearly as fun or friendly feeling with all those people mentioned gone.

Then again I could just be speaking for myself, and the rest of the people might not give a damn ;o

Guest c4evap
... would miss c4 ;) but plz dont leave us' date=' you are the only cool MOD.[/quote']

Awwwwwwwww....now ya got me all misty eyed. *c4 holds back tears*

S0V is cool too...just in a S0V kinda way. I think he's just a bit tired of some of the things going on here of late. Not to mention the stuff in the IRC that has his goat.

c4 :)

We'd miss them :( While the community would "live on"' date=' it wouldn't really be the same without the same old people around as are now.[/quote']

I'm with you, it would definately 'feel' different around here if 'the regulars' left, I can appreciate everybody I 'know' (ie. the ones that visit more than just twice in a year) on this forum and I'd hate to see anybody leave. I don't allways agree with everybody, but hey: that's what keeps it interesting (as long as it doesn't get abusive at least). In short: let's all stay and have some fun. :D

... would miss c4 ;) but plz dont leave us' date=' you are the only cool MOD.[/quote']

Awwwwwwwww....now ya got me all misty eyed. *c4 holds back tears*

S0V is cool too...just in a S0V kinda way. I think he's just a bit tired of some of the things going on here of late. Not to mention the stuff in the IRC that has his goat.

c4 :)

I am serious, there are only three MOD's that are pretty cool. (you take the cake tough). There is neomaster, Pella, and of course c4.

Neomaster b/c he was a military man and is a good man. Pella b/c she doesnt yell at me. And you b/c you are stubborn with your ideals, but the first to admit you are wronge ( which isnt offten ), and b/c you dont yell at me very much, lol. if ever.

so three cheers to c4! and "Thanks for making me feel....."

WELCOME!

I have to admit that my "mental pathways have become accustomed to your sensory input patterns." I'd miss quite a few of the regulars if they suddenly weren't available any more. I would, however, compensate by attempting to locate new companions.

Yes yes, I'm well aware that I'm not the most popular of the staff here. I use the word Staff, and not MOD (why do people capitalize that word?), becuase I'm not really a moderator. The stuff I do, and am still doing is way closer to Administrator still. FAQ's, software development, taking command of the ship during the MPAA crisis, the gaming server, and subdomain I'm setting up, orginizing the forum threads (some sessions I move over 100 threads at a time), making a new FAQ every 2 weeks or so etc. I do a hell of a lot that the average member, or the average moderator dosen't really notice. Oh yeah, and I'm basicly the admin. on #startrek (Nite's almost never there) too, even though I don't really do all thay much there besides telling people to not post torrent links.

I have no problems with you guys expressing negitive opinions on how I do my job. Just keep in mind that what I do around here is necessery. If someone is acting like an ass, then I'm going to do what I can to stop them one way or the other, and if people have a problem with getting yelled at, then they shouldn't act like children in the first place.

Some people have mentioned or implied that I'm the next in line to get the forums, or something. Nah, Nite's in charge, and is probabally never going anywhere, and I'm more then happy to continue to work on projects with him, and stomp around as the "power abusive" scurge of silliness first officer type guy.