New Forums (again!)

TFMF

Hi all!

We're back!

After our old host decided to close down, I've moved onto my own server.

This software has more features to play with so I'll continue to work on getting new things up and running.

Any help is greatly appreciated in getting the latest sci-fi news posted! (Picard, anyone?)

TFMF

• You can now register/login with Facebook, Twitter Google (suggestions for other platforms welcome!)
  • Ranks now added (will add them as forum grows)
  • You can select from multiple header images/starships by clicking on the image.png.7d2fc502ba949ae2ce0d1dda517efac1.png icon in the top right of the page. Suggestions for new images welcome!

23 minutes ago, flicky said:

Is there an option to allow us to edit our posts? Or am I just not seeing the button?

Should see the edit option now (Next to the "Quote" button). Was set to only let you edit posts up to 5 minutes after posting by default. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

It all looking great TFMF.

And everything is running smoothly as far as I can see.

The only function I can't seem to find is to change my profile group or class. e.g. Academy, Command, Operations, other, etc

I remember changing mine around a few times, but settled on something like anomaly.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:39 PM, subspatial said:

The only function I can't seem to find is to change my profile group or class. e.g. Academy, Command, Operations, other, etc

At the moment there's 3 groups, but they control what access you have on the forum:

Starfleet Command - Admins (So, me!)

Starfleet Academy - All members currently

Starfleet Security - Moderators (None currently)

I would like to get some kind of joinable group-system in place, though so members can chose which class they'd like to be.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:44 PM, subspatial said:

I thought you would have already added a background pic like this TFMF 🙂

Done, thanks 🙂 One thing I am struggling with is the aspect ratio of the images, as it seems to zoom the image in a bit when it displays them in the header... haven't figured out how to disable it yet...

On 11/5/2018 at 6:51 AM, TFMF said:

Done, thanks 🙂 One thing I am struggling with is the aspect ratio of the images, as it seems to zoom the image in a bit when it displays them in the header... haven't figured out how to disable it yet...

I think you need to increase the image size.

The TARDIS image shows more of the image, than the Stargate you just added.

The Stargate one seems more 'zoomed in'.

And it is half the rez of the TARDIS image.

Try to double the image size and see if that makes any difference.

If it does, you can then slice them down to banners size  🙂