Humans Evolved from Fish

subspatial

I met a Christadelphian Chaplin who told me their belief is that nothing existed 6000 years ago, and everything we dig up from the ground (eg. Dinosaur bones, fossils, Alien Artifacts etc) has been put there by God to test our faith in him.

He explained this by picking up a rock and saying:

"How long has this existed for?"

my answer was "millions of years of compacting (even though it was probably cement)"

He said "No. It has existed for merely a few seconds, it did not exist before i picked it up...."

hmmmmm ... interesting theory though.

What if you throw away that "rock", does it cease to exist until someone else picks it up again?

The two processes aren't really analogous.

It's like the difference between building a house from plan vs. knowing nothing about what a house is, how to build it etc. and having to work it all out.

There is a reason, after all, why it takes 9 months for a baby to grow and millions of years for new species to evolve.

I think I have to tell you that there is an obvious error in you're "plan" vs "no plan" example. :p

The difference is time and given enough time even the "no plan" house will be built.

Would be fun watching a "brick" evolving in to a house on it's own, though. ;)

The two processes aren't really analogous.

It's like the difference between building a house from plan vs. knowing nothing about what a house is, how to build it etc. and having to work it all out.

There is a reason, after all, why it takes 9 months for a baby to grow and millions of years for new species to evolve.

I think I have to tell you that there is an obvious error in you're "plan" vs "no plan" example. :p

The difference is time and given enough time even the "no plan" house will be built.

Eh, didn't he say that himself allready too? Or would I be reading to much into: "There is a reason, after all, why it takes 9 months for a baby to grow and millions of years for new species to evolve."...

Oh and before I forget: But we CAN'T have evolved from flounders! :cyclops:

The dude was Marty Feldman. A classic comedic actor.

on-topic:

as has been mentioned before, humans evolved from single celled organisms like other animals.

during fetal development, humans even have gills like fish.

the saline content of our blood matches that of the oceans.

Beings in fish suits tend a Pillar of Light--Tree of LIfe

According to Babylonian legends, this aquatic deity would come on land during the day to teach the people, and would dive back at night into the Persian Gulf, where he lived in an underwater palace called the Apsu. Was Oannes the original Nommo? Or Dogon.

It seems the earliest man knew this and yet our so called enlightened Scientists have discovered this 5000 years later

Bottom picture more erm proof that we descended from fish....