just thinkin about the adverts....

maverick

i notice that many of the adverts i see are for newcastle - hotels and other services etc. i would recommend going its a cool place.

i am wondering if i see differnt ads to everyone else and if the ads are related in some clever way to the text content of the board.

i.e. i have made a few posts about newcastle and it is mentioned by me in a few other threads.

do the advertisers look thru the board and analyse what may be more successful to the readers by checking content here?

i am wondering about this so with that in mind, and being a bit of a scientist, i think we should mention one place or one product repeatedly in this and other threads to see if the ads change as a result of the content here.

if im wrong - well hell i'll just feel stupid now to save time later but,

if anyone feels the urge to mention Cardiff in this or any other thread then feel free to take part. this fine city is the capital of wales and home to many pretty girls also because of the accent, most of the men sound gay (no offence to anyone but its true)

wonder if i'll get in trouble for this

CARDIFF

If I recall correctly, ads nowdays (such as Google/Ad Sense) use keywords or hotwords based on the site and it's content matter. Like if you view a video game site who uses such things you'll often find the Google ads going to places to buy games or game related etc

Back in the day it used to be based on things like Meta tags and other forms of flagging what to be shown. Similar today but at least today webmasters have more control over what is and isn't displayed as an ad.

maverick, u talking about tv ads? if so the reason you see so many of them is because all the analogue tv channels have region counterparts , we are 'Northeast and cumbria' (if you have sky you could access the BBC and ITV variants but if not your stuck with advets telling us to visaits our own city...and scotland)

i notice that many of the adverts i see are for newcastle - hotels and other services etc. i would recommend going its a cool place.

i am wondering if i see differnt ads to everyone else and if the ads are related in some clever way to the text content of the board.

i.e. i have made a few posts about newcastle and it is mentioned by me in a few other threads.

do the advertisers look thru the board and analyse what may be more successful to the readers by checking content here?

i am wondering about this so with that in mind, and being a bit of a scientist, i think we should mention one place or one product repeatedly in this and other threads to see if the ads change as a result of the content here.

if im wrong - well hell i'll just feel stupid now to save time later but,

if anyone feels the urge to mention Cardiff in this or any other thread then feel free to take part. this fine city is the capital of wales and home to many pretty girls also because of the accent, most of the men sound gay (no offence to anyone but its true)

wonder if i'll get in trouble for this

CARDIFF

They are reading your mind. Get one of these before it is too late. afdbhead.jpg

maverick' date=' u talking about tv ads? if so the reason you see so many of them is because all the analogue tv channels have region counterparts , we are 'Northeast and cumbria' (if you have sky you could access the BBC and ITV variants but if not your stuck with advets telling us to visaits our own city...and scotland)[/quote']

i dont live in the toon, im only from there. i live in southampton - at the other end of the country!

i think that mav probably expained it where there are theme searches by google or whatever.

we can see if it true or not by repeating a word over and over and see if ads related to that word appear.

anyone wanna try???

the word is CARDIFF

good general word. for ads with

Sounds like it`s worth a try.

Is there any particular reason for choosong CARDIFF, not that I have anything against CARDIFF, I am sure that it is a lovely place.

What with the Millenium Stadium, although it`s popularity will probably fade as soon as the new Womble Stadium is finally finished.

Is this some kind of ploy by you? Have you been hired by the CARDIFF Tourist Centre?

Is there a prize for the person who finally makes CARDIFF appear?

B)

It seems to me that it's the name of the topic and the content of the first post that gets the creepers, crawlers and other bots attention about what ads to put in a thread.

I'm currently seeing ads (in this thread) about: ADS, ADS, ADS, ADS, ADS and a blog about russian marketing (why russian?).