My point. THE Point.

LoveTrek001

Here is my point as asked.

People make products in order to make money.

Copyright law protects peoples products so that they can make money from them.

I do not understand why people wish to circumvent copyright law.

There is no excuse for breaking the law.

Only people who want to make money from others works claim that there should be a lax or nonexistant copyright law.

There is a major difference here.

I have participated in this site when it was a torrent sharing site.

I know and accept what I did at the time was wrong.

There are people who don't get that what they are doing is wrong and illegal.

They try their best to justify the reasons that they participated.

But, they just don't see their fault.

So, please understand....

Copyright Law is made to protect peoples creations.

Making Available copyrighted material is illegal.

Downloading copyrighted material is illegal.

There is nothing in this world that would make it legal.

I think that if you truly wish to be legal then purchase the product that you want.

And copyright law does not disrupt creation. It actually makes it better by providing a way to protect your work that you created. Would you make something only to have it stolen? And yes you can make a derivitive of a product to improve it or such. There are so many examples of this available.

The world revolves around making money. So, the copyright holder will fight to protect the ability to make money from his product. If he cannot protect his product then why make in the first place.

I love this site and feel bad for nite and his problems. After all we learned that sharing was a good thing in elementary school... But, sharing something that you do not own is a bad thing.

So, please understand that fighting copyright law is silly and makes no sense to at all.

it gets no arguement from me but hey lets be honest (if ur usin the elementary school analysis) ....no-one thinks the teacher is wrong when they tell you off for bein naughty, you know your wrong. it doesnt mean you have to like it tho.

i know what the law says and i accept what i did was wrong but hey, instead of complaining about what i havent got anymore, i AM appreciating what i had then and am pleased it lasted as long as it did.

i sincerely hope nite hasnt taken too much crap because of what his site was providing.

long live the shdw (salutes)

Quiet right. Here are two examples:

You get pulled over for speeding. You know you where speeding and tell the cop that you know you were wrong and accept the ticket.

or

You get pulled over for speeding. And even though you know you were speeding you try to rationalize it by saying that you shouldn't be ticketed because everyone speeds. And you try to argue your point.

The point is that you commited a crime. Pay your ticket. And stop tring to rationalize your crime. There is no excuse for breaking the law.

I have done it. We all have done it..

Lets move on....